Jump to content

Should administrators and/or moderators be appointed or elected?


Guest

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, Normski said:

It's BB's forum......he can do what he wants

 

14 minutes ago, superally said:

100% this.

But why appoint a bully?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Bastion said:

The only bully I am aware of is the one using the pm function and report buttons.....

 

You start 4 separate PMs on the Hangman thread.....  all of which could have been said on the forum, except you and solely you, had other things to say, things you wouldn't put on the forum......

You sent me another PM yesterday to which my response was .... stop sending me these vile pms.

You persisted, I replied with the same response....please stop sending these.....

 

At this point, you invited both BB and Dug to the PM playing the victim....

 

To me, a pm is private, you broke that yesterday,  trying to get me into bother....it didn't work.

 

If anyone wants an invite to the PM, ask on here or via pm and you can read it yourself and see where he brought admin into it......

 

To be clear, I'm happy interacting with you on the forum in an appropriate manner....but these PMs need to stop.

Ah! The brain (or bairn) of Belfast speaks.

Mate, I mean you no offence. I'm not sure what set you off about my post in the Celtic v Ferencvaros thread but it was not aimed at you.
Anyway, Per ardua ad astra.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Bastion said:

The only bully I am aware of is the one using the pm function and report buttons.....

 

You start 4 separate PMs on the Hangman thread.....  all of which could have been said on the forum, except you and solely you, had other things to say, things you wouldn't put on the forum......

You sent me another PM yesterday to which my response was .... stop sending me these vile pms.

You persisted, I replied with the same response....please stop sending these.....

 

At this point, you invited both BB and Dug to the PM playing the victim....

 

To me, a pm is private, you broke that yesterday,  trying to get me into bother....it didn't work.

 

If anyone wants an invite to the PM, ask on here or via pm and you can read it yourself and see where he brought admin into it......

 

To be clear, I'm happy interacting with you on the forum in an appropriate manner....but these PMs need to stop.

Again the celtic dna comes to the fore. Treacherous turncoats to a man.
St. Patrick didn't drive out the snakes from Ireland. They left because they couldn't live with a lower life form.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Red Devil

Don't think we need elections, the two guys running the place are doing a good job. 

Boro owns the site and dare say he's more than happy with its current form given at one point I think he was considering closing it. 

I know there are often mini wars going on but the addition of new members over the last few months has further improved it. 

A certain member I won't name has brought good humour to the place and the two women have added more diversity to the discussion. 

The only thing I would possibly suggest is maybe a new moderator could be added to monitor the place after Harold gets his head down later on. I think someone who is at hand to remove offensive posts and defuse arguments could potentially help the place. 

For me personally I have two people in mind and they come from Northern Ireland, they are both active enough and well respected. 

Dunno if others agree, but like I said the two guys running it are doing a good job, it's there call ultimately. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Red Devil said:

Don't think we need elections, the two guys running the place are doing a good job. 

Boro owns the site and dare say he's more than happy with its current form given at one point I think he was considering closing it. 

I know there are often mini wars going on but the addition of new members over the last few months has further improved it. 

A certain member I won't name has brought good humour to the place and the two women have added more diversity to the discussion. 

The only thing I would possibly suggest is maybe a new moderator could be added to monitor the place after Harold gets his head down later on. I think someone who is at hand to remove offensive posts and defuse arguments could potentially help the place. 

For me personally I have two people in mind and they come from Northern Ireland, they are both active enough and well respected. 

Dunno if others agree, but like I said the two guys running it are doing a good job, it's there call ultimately. 

All very laudable, but far from the truth.
Boro Boy has abdicated and has left the running of the forum to a dictatorial hectoring bully whose credo is "my way or the highway". A man who threw his toys out of the cot when a vote went against him. A man who insists that in a word puzzle game no words beyond his ken may be used.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Red Devil
9 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

All very laudable, but far from the truth.
Boro Boy has abdicated and has left the running of the forum to a dictatorial hectoring bully whose credo is "my way or the highway". A man who threw his toys out of the cot when a vote went against him. A man who insists that in a word puzzle game no words beyond his ken may be used.

Sorry mate had my belly full of drama on here of late, I'm exiting the conversation. 

No issue with you pal just not wanting to get involved in anymore negative stuff. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bastion said:

The only bully I am aware of is the one using the pm function and report buttons.....

 

You start 4 separate PMs on the Hangman thread.....  all of which could have been said on the forum, except you and solely you, had other things to say, things you wouldn't put on the forum......

You sent me another PM yesterday to which my response was .... stop sending me these vile pms.

You persisted, I replied with the same response....please stop sending these.....

 

At this point, you invited both BB and Dug to the PM playing the victim....

 

To me, a pm is private, you broke that yesterday,  trying to get me into bother....it didn't work.

 

If anyone wants an invite to the PM, ask on here or via pm and you can read it yourself and see where he brought admin into it......

 

To be clear, I'm happy interacting with you on the forum in an appropriate manner....but these PMs need to stop.

I too have had the same issue with Hairy inviting me into PM's about the Hangman thread and trying to make it very challenging all because he wants to one up Harold! That is when I said let's invite Harold to the PM to defend himself and Hairy backed down pronto!

I am happy with the moderating in general apart from BB sometimes acting on impulse with reading the while thread before warning/banning, but it is his forum so he can do as he wants.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This bullshit is becoming tedious and starting to piss me off. I'm never one to complain but for fucks sakes Hairy (and i will say it straight) if you are not happy with the forum then you know what to do, ignore it.

PS, i have responded on the hangman thread and please calm down mate, we need a good Hairy on the forum not an agitator as you are becoming, hope i haven't hurt your feelings mate but i will quote a French saying 'mets de l'eau dans ton vin'  :beer:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Okay...gonna have my say here....Hairy's comment about me

'A man who threw his toys out of the cot when a vote went against him'

is actually incorrect.....if anyone is interested then check out page 172 or 173 in the Hangman thread where I actually said we'd go with the majority vote.

Also...his comment....'A man who insists that in a word puzzle game no words beyond his ken may be used.' again is actually incorrect. What I said was that the way the game was going in the manner that Hairy wanted to play was not for me. At NO time did I ever suggest that nobody should play in his fashion. Again if interested check out pages 156 to 173.

Please also note his inference about me in the 2nd highlighted comment. the definition of ken is...

 

ken
/kɛn/
 
noun
  1. one's range of knowledge or understanding.
     
    Now how he or anyone else has insight into my intelligence is frankly astonishing to me.
    Anyway, I'll let others make up their own minds.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Hairy Scot said:

All very laudable, but far from the truth.
Boro Boy has abdicated and has left the running of the forum to a dictatorial hectoring bully whose credo is "my way or the highway". A man who threw his toys out of the cot when a vote went against him. A man who insists that in a word puzzle game no words beyond his ken may be used.

can't possibly comment.....

PS. You forgot misogynistic there too.

PPS. Lol.... ?

Edited by Guest
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Statistics

    7k
    Total Topics
    176.9k
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

    823
    Total Members
    3,654
    Most Online
    shiva1993
    Newest Member
    shiva1993
    Joined
  • New users  2 New users online in the last 24 hours

×
×
  • Create New...