Do you think we would get more members by changing the name of the forum

Guest Red Devil

Guest Red Devil

I've often thought this, whilst we all love football whenever you log into this forum football is more than likely about 25% of the forums discussed subjects. 

Not saying it should be done but would changing the forum to general sports discussion forum attract more members? 

Personally don’t think it would make much difference I have been on and still am in a few supposed football forums where many other topics are  discussed some are busier than others just the way it is. Many people don’t use forums at all now but are big twitter users etc 

1 minute ago, Makdee said:

Personally don’t think it would make much difference I have been on and still am in a few supposed football forums where many other topics are  discussed some are busier than others just the way it is. Many people don’t use forums at all now but are big twitter users etc 

I agree with this mate.

Names can be catchy buy it is internet traffic that generates new members. Get up those Google ratings! 

13 minutes ago, Red Devil said:

I've often thought this, whilst we all love football whenever you log into this forum football is more than likely about 25% of the forums discussed subjects. 

Not saying it should be done but would changing the forum to general sports discussion forum attract more members? 

I personally post more in the SPFL/Rangers forums mate but outwith the football I mainly post in off topic. Trying to attract members to online football forums is really difficult in this day and age. Most people who are registered with forums tend to remain with them unless there is a very serious upset (which I have seen) which causes them to look elsewhere.

There’s a fairly heavily slanted right wing view by the majority of members on this forum. If that was to be reflected  into a new name , I’m sure it would attract a lot more members/ posters that would share those views. 

Guest Red Devil
1 minute ago, Mr Magnificent said:

If I posted nudes of myself the forum wouldn't cope. 

Cazza would tell her mates! 😂😂

Has his account been hacked? 

Why would he post that 

Let's not get carried away, when i ask for 'my football forum' it comes up top of the page (don't know if it's cookies on my browser) i personally don't know the origins of the forum but it is mainly now Rangers orientated football supporters who apparently saved the forum from extinction. On all footbal forums there are more or less the same topics we find here (football, music, video, politics, drink, food etc). I can't see how changing the forum name would attract new members, in the last few months we have seen new members joining which is the proof that folks are interested. If you are on other forums then invite members to visit ours, in my opinion that's the best way to attract folks:beer: 

Edited by sployal

14 minutes ago, DOC said:

There’s a fairly heavily slanted right wing view by the majority of members on this forum. If that was to be reflected  into a new name , I’m sure it would attract a lot more members/ posters that would share those views. 

There’s a fair few who talk shite about things they know very little about but each to their own..... 

• Administrator

Just over a year ago I was thinking about changing the forum to just a general chat forum with football areas but I just decided to keep it the same. It would be like tipping the forum upside down, having the the pub and all current off topic forums at the top of the forum and then the football forums at the bottom. 

Guest Red Devil
6 minutes ago, sployal said:

Let's not get to carried away, when i ask for 'my football forum' it comes up top of the page (don't know if it's cookies on my browser) i personally don't know the origins of the forum but it is mainly now Rangers orientated football supporters who apparently saved the forum from extinction. On all footbal forums there are more or less the same topics we find here (football, music, video, politics, drink, food etc). I can't see how changing the forum name would attract new members, in the last few months we have seen new members joining which is the proof that folks are interested. If you are on other forums then invite members to visit ours, in my opinion that's the best way to attract folks:beer: 

You guys defo saved the forum. 

I've got to admit at first I thought that was it with this place and me though, because you all knew each other so well it felt the actual forum had changed hands and we weren't that welcome. It was almost as if you were posting amongst yourselves and we were the newbies. 

Hence why I left for over a year. Gotta say I couldn't have been more wrong you lot are top lads and a credit to the place.

Glad I returned now. 

16 minutes ago, DOC said:

It's a slightly right handed football forum DOC, but we are far from fanatical, we don't want the fruit and nutcases spoiling things:beer:

7 minutes ago, No.8 said:

There’s a fair few who talk shite about things they know very little about but each to their own..... 

But Trav....these same people are entitled to their opinion irrespective mate.....I know little about most aspects of the EPL but I still feel comfortable putting forward my opinion....if I get shot down then fine....same will be in effect for those that post about Scottish football where I can, if required, point them in the right direction. There is no probs mate.

12 minutes ago, sployal said:

If you are on other forums then invite members to visit ours

8 minutes ago, Harold said:

that is spamming mate and if you are found out to be doing that then you are booted...again, have seen it happen to others!

What the fuck are you on about Harold? Please explain this comment....

20 minutes ago, sployal said:

What the fuck are you on about Harold? Please explain this comment....

If you, me or anyone on here register as a member of another forum and either post openly about this forum....or pm other members of the other forum (that you believe you have got to know) and it comes to the attention of the other forum's staff or actual owners then THAT is called 'spamming' (ie: trying to entice members to another site) and you will be booted from said other forum. I have booted many from this forum mate.