Mags is Buying a Gun.

Mr Magnificent

4 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Just researching air rifles now.

I think I will go with a .177

Any recommendations?

I work with a guy who has a shit load of guns..... his even thinking of getting a small cannon.....

I'll ask him tomorrow, but he'll probably say that's a kidsgun.

1 minute ago, Bastion said:

I work with a guy who has a shit load of guns..... his even thinking of getting a small cannon.....

I'll ask him tomorrow, but he'll probably say that's a kidsgun.

Cheers mate. It will be a full size air rifle with the maximum 12ft/lb power allowed before needing a licence.

9 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

I know fuck all about guns, what you going to use it for?

Mainly to shoot magpies and other vermin.

I want to teach my grandson to shoot and fish while he is young.

Edited by Mr Magnificent

5 hours ago, Mr Magnificent said:

This is looking like my favourite. A Remington Thunderceptor. Powerful!

Screenshot_20200924-091825.png

that gun runs from a gas ram and they are better than spring power guns. BSA andWeihrauch make gas ram guns and they are far better quality than remington tbh but they do cost more. as soon as you tell me your budget i will get to work on finding you a gun buddy.

4 hours ago, UNIQUE said:

that gun runs from a gas ram and they are better than spring power guns. BSA andWeihrauch make gas ram guns and they are far better quality than remington tbh but they do cost more. as soon as you tell me your budget i will get to work on finding you a gun buddy.

瞿500 Mucker.

• Administrator
23 hours ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Mainly to shoot magpies and other vermin.

I want to teach my grandson to shoot and fish while he is young.

Only shooting i've done is with the SA-80 which takes5.5645mm NATO bullpups (whatever they are ha), obviously fired that so I could be duty onboard. Then i've fired a shotgun, fuck knows what type, for clay pigeon shooting!

31 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Only shooting i've done is with the SA-80 which takes5.5645mm NATO bullpups (whatever they are ha), obviously fired that so I could be duty onboard. Then i've fired a shotgun, fuck knows what type, for clay pigeon shooting!

a bullpup is when the gun is short and the breach block is mounted at the back of the gun and not the centre of the gun. it means the gun can be short but also have a full size barrel.

these are all full kits mate that are around your budget that come with everything you need to get shooting and these are all from good quality brands. i have guns from BSA and air arms and i have had weihrauch in the past all are top quality. if i had to pick out of these 3 i would go with the air arms TX200 inwalnut stock. it is one of the best spring powered rifles money can buy but its a bit over you budget at 瞿540 for the kit. next i would go with the HW97 again at 瞿564 is a bit over your budget and is a bit more than the TX200 but the TX200 is a better gun. last on the list is the little BSALightning that comes in at 瞿478 for the kit and is a great little rifle it shoots like guns that cost way more and will be better for a growing lad because it is lighter and smaller than the others. click on the links to see the guns and what you get in the kit. you cant go wrong with these guns on or around your budget mate.

https://www.theairguncentre.com/bsa-lightning-xl-se

https://www.theairguncentre.com/air-arms-tx200-hc

https://www.theairguncentre.com/weihrauch-hw-97-k