Jump to content

Cineworld to close all 128 cinemas


boro_boy

Recommended Posts

  • Administrator

Yes another casualty in this Pandemic. 

I do think this is real, but I don't think its as bad as they make out with this over the top restrictions. Surely the 1000+ job losses will put stress onto the people who have lost their jobs and that will be worse than Covid. Worrying about paying the mortgage or other bills. I see a lot of people being homeless after this, well everyone other than migrants. Economic Migrant is the best job going at the moment, no work, free hotel and food.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Yes another casualty in this Pandemic. 

I do think this is real, but I don't think its as bad as they make out with this over the top restrictions. Surely the 1000+ job losses will put stress onto the people who have lost their jobs and that will be worse than Covid. Worrying about paying the mortgage or other bills. I see a lot of people being homeless after this, well everyone other than migrants. Economic Migrant is the best job going at the moment, no work, free hotel and food.

I've said it many times on here,poverty,mental illness and missed cancer diagnosis/treatment will be more catastrophic than covid

Fucking the population up the arse over rising cases giving 93% false positives from an unreliable test kit

Because of this fucking sham i could be out of a job in a few weeks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Red Devil
1 minute ago, Mr Magnificent said:

To be honest it wouldn't bother me if all of the pubs and nightclubs closed. At first I felt strongly about it but it is a losing battle.

I have grown accustomed to drinking at home. Plus I drink less that way. 

I'm sure the hundreds of thousands working in that industry would appreciate your point of view. 

Maybe the owners of Cadbury's should take their operation elsewhere and leave all their workers out of work. 

No industry should be collapsing because of this, we've been operating for about 4 months since lockdown and deaths are still low daily. We've got to live with it not look to close things down because of it. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator

To be fair part of the reason is a lot of the major releases are getting postponed. And Disney for example released the new Mulan on their own new streaming channel at a cost. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
1 minute ago, Mr Magnificent said:

It is all part of the plan. They just want people to stream new releases straight into their home and pay stupid prices like Sky sports. 

Of course they do and many will be happy to do so 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Red Devil

We did it with the movie Trolls for my 6 year old.

They really need to drop the prices if they want it to work, fair enough you would spend more that £20 to go Mulan with your kids at the cinema but that's for the big screen experience. 

Bet they barely got many buyers for Mulan at £20 streaming. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Makdee said:

Of course they do and many will be happy to do so 

Me included to be fair.

No getting ready, no outrageously priced snacks, no annoying cunts on their phones or talking, stop/start/ pause as I like.

For me it is winner, winner chicken dinner! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
25 minutes ago, Red Devil said:

We did it with the movie Trolls for my 6 year old.

They really need to drop the prices if they want it to work, fair enough you would spend more that £20 to go Mulan with your kids at the cinema but that's for the big screen experience. 

Bet they barely got many buyers for Mulan at £20 streaming. 

They got 1.2 million in the states on labour day. But I yeah many people would t at the moment but it will grow I reckon 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Red Devil said:

We did it with the movie Trolls for my 6 year old.

They really need to drop the prices if they want it to work, fair enough you would spend more that £20 to go Mulan with your kids at the cinema but that's for the big screen experience. 

Bet they barely got many buyers for Mulan at £20 streaming. 

You know what fucks me off.....

 

The price of drinks and popcorn etc.....

 

Absolute robbing cunts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Red Devil
1 minute ago, Makdee said:

They got 1.2 million in the states on labour day. But I yeah many people would t at the moment but it will grow I reckon 

I've no idea how that would compare against the numbers that would have attended the cinema to be fair.

I suppose with it being a Disney release its gets the huge promotion but a lower budget movie would maybe have to look at selling at a cheaper price surely. 

I'm sure I read Odeon were refusing to show Dreamworks films now due to the release of the Trolls movie online. 

Whilst I appreciate their stance they should also consider many children (my 6 year old included) were very excited about the release of the movie and given it was two weeks into lockdown I thought it was nice idea to release it on a Streaming service as it gave us a chance to make it a fun experience. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrator
2 minutes ago, Bastion said:

You know what fucks me off.....

 

The price of drinks and popcorn etc.....

 

Absolute robbing cunts.

I go to tesco beforehand and buy loads of sweets and shit and put it into her backpack. 

Saying that, i've not been to the cinema this year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Bastion said:

You know what fucks me off.....

 

The price of drinks and popcorn etc.....

 

Absolute robbing cunts.

correct! On the occasions that we went to cineworld the wife popped into a pound shop and got a bag of wine gums which cost over £3 at the cinema.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Red Devil
1 minute ago, boro_boy said:

I go to tesco beforehand and buy loads of sweets and shit and put it into her backpack. 

Saying that, i've not been to the cinema this year.

Same here, the Tesco near our cinema is actually next door. We leave the car in the car park and get our treats there. 

I look at the people paying £12 for a popcorn and drink combo and think I've just paid £2 for a bag and drink. 

They must be insane. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

I go to tesco beforehand and buy loads of sweets and shit and put it into her backpack. 

Saying that, i've not been to the cinema this year.

thats what I do.....

 

They do themselves no favours be being robbing cunts, as those they rob, will be out numbered by those who bring their own with them....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Red Devil said:

Same here, the Tesco near our cinema is actually next door. We leave the car in the car park and get our treats there. 

I look at the people paying £12 for a popcorn and drink combo and think I've just paid £2 for a bag and drink. 

They must be insane. 

ours is beside Asda....

 

There's a theme developing here.....😀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Statistics

    7.1k
    Total Topics
    181.4k
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

    849
    Total Members
    3,654
    Most Online
    merak77
    Newest Member
    merak77
    Joined
  • New users  2 New users online in the last 24 hours

×
×
  • Create New...