Weird Mail

Mr Magnificent

Weird thing happened yesterday.

Post man delivered a letter to our address that needed signing for. He didn't knock door and just pushed it through.

It never had a name on it but did have our address on it. It cost £2.06 to mail on Wednesday, first class, signed for delivery from Southend on Sea. I got this info from Royal Mail website, but it doesn't say who sent it. Neither me or the wife know anyone in Southend and whoever sent it clearly didn't know our name as they didn't put it on envelope. They didn't write our address either as it was a pre printed label. 

Our mail man has recorded us as taking delivery but neither of us signed for it. He has just made 3 ineligible squiggles and the picture is uploaded onto Royal Mail website.

Upon opening the letter it contained a blank piece of paper and a piece of card from Halfords with what looked like a gift card that should have been attached to it but no gift card. No name, no sender's address, no nothing.

Weird, weird, weird.

Any ideas? 

4 minutes ago, sployal said:

Are you sure it was the postman that 'just pushed it through'?

It had to be mate as it was in Royal Mail's system as being posted from Southend on Wednesday. 

It is recorded as our house number that signed for it too even though we didn't. 

1 minute ago, Harold said:

aye.....take off the label with your address (or score it well out) then print on it...'Return to the cunt in Southend that sent this'....pop back into post box.

They would have posted it at a post office in Southend though. They left no name.

This is all we got. Whoever sent it didn't know our name but clearly could have got it if we had in fact signed for it as all they had to do was look on Royal Mail website.

Our address is obviously on envelope. 

IMG_20201010_145222225.jpg

1 minute ago, Mr Magnificent said:

It had to be mate as it was in Royal Mail's system as being posted from Southend on Wednesday. 

It is recorded as our house number that signed for it too even though we didn't. 

You must know your postman Mags, get a hold of him and let's get to the bottom of this. I'm hanging onto the edge of my chair:beer:

1 minute ago, Mr Magnificent said:

They would have posted it at a post office in Southend though. They left no name.

If the post office employee couldn't give a fuck about getting a true signature then should you bother your arse...let them deal with it.

2 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

He is a useless cunt! He really is. 

I know it didn't happen but this is what should happen during covid....

Will I see a signature when I use Track your item?

We usually ask customers to sign for deliveries on a digital screen. However, due to the current coronavirs situation, in order to protect both our people and customers as much as possible, we will not be handing over our hand-held devices to customers to capture signatures. Postmen and women will instead log the name of the person accepting the item. This will apply to all deliveries that require a signature:

5 minutes ago, Harold said:

is it a wooden one or a comfy material one with arms or a bar stool in Terry's gaff or even a lazee boy ? We need to know SP..

To be honest Harold, it's a comfy material one with arms and a nice back rest. Was given as a present by my daughter after my old one fell to bits. It swivels on rollers so i can get to the bar and my bottle of Scotch without needing to get up, wifey provides the ice so all is good:beer:

8 minutes ago, Harold said:

I know it didn't happen but this is what should happen during covid....

Will I see a signature when I use Track your item?

We usually ask customers to sign for deliveries on a digital screen. However, due to the current coronavirs situation, in order to protect both our people and customers as much as possible, we will not be handing over our hand-held devices to customers to capture signatures. Postmen and women will instead log the name of the person accepting the item. This will apply to all deliveries that require a signature:

But no one accepted the item. On their website where it's logs who accepted it they have just put our house number. 

o be honest Harold, it's a comfy material one with arms and a nice back rest. Was given as a present by my daughter after my old one fell to bits.

that excellent mate and a nice touch by your daughter.

It swivels on rollers so i can get to the bar and my bottle of Scotch without needing to get up, wifey provides the ice so all is good:beer:

fucks sake...you're worse than me....lol