SG cleared of SFA charge

Makdee

Rangers insist they are "unsurprised but bemused" after manager Steven Gerrard was cleared of wrongdoing after an SFA hearing.

The Ibrox boss was charged by the compliance officer after he made a comment regarding match officials following a Premiership game against Dundee United.

Referee Kevin Clancy was on the receiving end of Gerrard's blast which slammed the decision not to send off United stopper Ryan Edwards, who left his mark on striker Alfredo Morelos in a poor tackle during the clash in Glasgow.

The manager suggested that the Colombian striker would have been suspended if roles had been reversed.

He was hauled in front of a disciplinary hearing which began on Friday but was adjourned until Monday after technical difficulties before a 'not proved' verdict was finally reached.

Released on the club's Twitter account, the statement read: "#RangersFC are unsurprised at the outcome of todays hearing but remain bemused that the charge was brought against our manager Steven Gerrard in the first place.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How petty, pathetic and ultimately embarrassing for this charge to have actually been brought against our manager.

10 hours ago, Makdee said:

Referee Kevin Clancy was on the receiving end of Gerrard's blast which slammed the decision not to send off United stopper Ryan Edwards,

That is in fact incorrect. 'Blast' would suggest a very angry response which did not occur!

10 hours ago, Makdee said:

The manager suggested that the Colombian striker would have been suspended if roles had been reversed.

Again, a load of hogwash. SG was asked a question and gave a calm response simply wondering what 'may' have happened.

Mak, just to be clear....I know I have quoted you here and my replies are not directed at you mate, but at from wherever the article was obtained.

1 hour ago, Harold said:

How petty, pathetic and ultimately embarrassing for this charge to have actually been brought against our manager.

That is in fact incorrect. 'Blast' would suggest a very angry response which did not occur!

Again, a load of hogwash. SG was asked a question and gave a calm response simply wondering what 'may' have happened.

Mak, just to be clear....I know I have quoted you here and my replies are not directed at you mate, but at from wherever the article was obtained.

Yeah I know mate it was terribly written