Will COVID19 bust the union?....started by Hairy

Harold

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Bastion said:

Someone don't like the union 🤣

Whether or not like the union is irrelevant since it no longer affects me.
However I will admit to a somewhat jaundiced view of Westminster's and Whitehall's inefficiencies.

As for the OP; I was merely echoing the question asked in the newspaper article.
Given the current state of affairs with Covid 19 there would certainly seem to be valid issues raised in that article.
I just thought they might be worthy of discussion.

9 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

Whether or not like the union is irrelevant since it no longer affects me.
However I will admit to a somewhat jaundiced view of Westminster's and Whitehall's inefficiencies.

As for the OP; I was merely echoing the question asked in the newspaper article.
Given the current state of affairs with Covid 19 there would certainly seem to be valid issues raised in that article.
I just thought they might be worthy of discussion.

I would have thought, at the very least....  you might put forward a point....

6 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

I was hoping the topic would raise a discussion minus annoyance or resentment.

Perhaps annoyance and resentment lies at your door with regards The UK

Thats why you constantly throw wee bits out there to get a reaction,  yet constantly fail to put your own point of view across and engage in a debate...

You will throw out a newspaper headline,  and expect folk to start debating it  when you yourself,  say nothing....

Anyhoo, bed for me.....

3 hours ago, Bastion said:

Perhaps annoyance and resentment lies at your door with regards The UK

Thats why you constantly throw wee bits out there to get a reaction,  yet constantly fail to put your own point of view across and engage in a debate...

You will throw out a newspaper headline,  and expect folk to start debating it  when you yourself,  say nothing....

Anyhoo, bed for me.....

IMHO, given the mess that Boris and Co have made in their hamfisted attempts at controlling Covid19 the electorate as a whole should be thinking about a change of government and that Northern Ireland, Wales, and Scotland should be looking seriously at gaining more control of their destiny.

4 hours ago, Hairy Scot said:

IMHO, given the mess that Boris and Co have made in their hamfisted attempts at controlling Covid19

you believe Sturgeon and her sycophants are doing a better job than the UK Government ? Best start watching Scottish news or reading articles on the actions the separatists are taking to attempt to control it. They (separatists) cannot claim to be taking any high ground.

5 hours ago, Hairy Scot said:

and that Northern Ireland, Wales, and Scotland should be looking seriously at gaining more control of their destiny.

Northern Ireland and Wales are content to be in the United Kingdom....it is simply agitators up here that are using this virus as another futile attempt to convince the gullible to try and break up the Union. Unfortunately for them, Scotland has to obtain permission to have another referendum. The people of Scotland were given a once in a lifetime/generation opportunity to decide in 2014....We said NO! And as signed by Sturgeon, Salmond and David Cameron in the Edinburgh Agreement, that result must be respected.

It's not about independence or separatism, nor is it just about Scotland.
The UK, like the US, has failed to implement proper controls, so people are still getting infected and people are still dying.
Perhaps giving NI, Wales, and Scotland, the powers and resources required to implement proper controls would make a difference.
Maybe the funds so generously donated to foreign countries could be put to better use.

It appears that Westminster, and a large part of the UK's population. failed to appreciate the risks.

14 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

The UK, like the US, has failed to implement proper controls, so people are still getting infected and people are still dying.
Perhaps giving NI, Wales, and Scotland, the powers and resources required to implement proper controls would make a difference.
Maybe the funds so generously donated to foreign countries could be put to better use.

It appears that Westminster, and a large part of the UK's population. failed to appreciate the risks.

Folk are still dying and getting affected around the globe.....

Sure, I'll make it all about Westminster.....🤣

20 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

One of my favourite all time films:beer:

32 minutes ago, Bastion said:

Folk are still dying and getting affected around the globe.....

Sure, I'll make it all about Westminster.....🤣

Some countries have implemented effective measures. Why can't the UK?

3 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

Some countries have implemented effective measures. Why can't the UK?

Its a hub for international flights and business.....

So its at a disadvantage from the start, especially if you consider the WHO advise at the start of this.....

Other countries are wee shitholes at the ends of the earth.... that not even the infected will venture.....