Inspiring pictures that make you think.

Australian war memorial.

DSCF0755.jpg.ef2eca7c8c96534a683b60e9227358b5.jpg

The names of every member of our armed forces is listed here who fell in conflict around the world in the Australian war memorial.... Just makes me think about the sacrifice made by our boys in both world wars and other conflicts around the worls since including Vietnam, the Gulf and in Afghanistan.

Philippians 4:8-9 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honourable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Edited by Guest

• Administrator

NASA releases new 'Pale Blue Dot' photo for 30th anniversary - Business  Insider

That white dot is earth, 3.6 billion miles away!! Taken by the Voyager minutes before her cameras where shutdown forever to conserve energy. 

I love looking at space photos are just wondering to myself whats going out out there. 

4 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

NASA releases new 'Pale Blue Dot' photo for 30th anniversary - Business  Insider

That white dot is earth, 3.6 billion miles away!! Taken by the Voyager minutes before her cameras where shutdown forever to conserve energy. 

I love looking at space photos are just wondering to myself whats going out out there. 

if you close one eye and squint the other it looks like the spurs trophy cabinet. 

Base Details

If I were fierce, and bald, and short of breath 
I'd live with scarlet Majors at the Base, 
And speed glum heroes up the line to death. 
You'd see me with my puffy petulant face, 
Guzzling and gulping in the best hotel, 
Reading the Roll of Honour. "Poor young chap," 
I'd say — "I used to know his father well; 
Yes, we've lost heavily in this last scrap."
And when the war is done and youth stone dead, 
I'd toddle safely home and die — in bed.

(Sigfried Sasoon ) 

CCDD92FE-F131-49A9-85EA-EB827D652AB7.jpeg

42 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Some major meteor showers happening tonight fella, according to the news on the radio.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, superally said:

Some major meteor showers happening tonight fella, according to the news on the radio.

Its cloudy up here so won't see anything.

Its the Orionids tonight, roughly 25 meteors a minute. The best i've seen are the Perseids which happen in August.

Just now, boro_boy said:

Where's the woman gone, I take it that was you?

I bit of a mistake.... Thought I was as good as the one above mine, Rush of blood and a mistake. Time to move on.

1 minute ago, boro_boy said:

Its cloudy up here so won't see anything.

Its the Orionids tonight, roughly 25 meteors a minute. The best i've seen are the Perseids which happen in August.

It's partly cloudy here, I'm just hoping i see something. I got the telescope out ready,It's not a very good one, and probably older than me, tho hey ho worth a try.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, superally said:

It's partly cloudy here, I'm just hoping i see something. I got the telescope out ready,It's not a very good one, and probably older than me, tho hey ho worth a try.

Surely you can't use a telescope. 

For Meteorites you need just the naked eye, constantly looking at the sky, with dark skies!!

Meteroiter-800x600.jpg?x13586

metoerite-800x600-cut-and-polished-ching

I wonder what the history of these rocks where! Again, it makes you think!

Just now, boro_boy said:

For Meteorites you need just the naked eye, constantly looking at the sky, with dark skies!!

Blackpool & Brighton. Technology nowadays fella.

3 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

looks cool is it yours.