Battery Acid! Doesn't taste very well!!

boro_boy

• Administrator

Fucking awful smell and taste, when you pick up 8 50kg batteries and you brake hard when transferring them from one place to another. It was in the missuses car!! Stinks, i'm already put baking soda on it to neutralise it so it doesn't' dissolve the car. I reckon to of my 8 batteries are fucked now, but i'll top them up with distilled water and hope for the best!!

Acid tingles your tongue!!

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

Serves you right for choring batteries for scrap 🤣

I wasn't

Basically the batteries on my ship which start the main engines are dying, they are 5 years old. So I ordered new ones, the guy rang me up yesterday when I was at sea, he was saying whereabouts are you in edinburgh, I said were not, we are on our way from newcastle. He said your shitting me!!! I said no! He was driving from Glasgow to Catterick, then was heading to Edinburgh. I asked if he could drop it off at Calliope in Newcastle and he said yeah!

The thing is, we are doing training next week so can't do much maintenance as it will dirty the ship haha. So I drove the batteries from Newcastle to South Shields at the yard the ship uses for its annual maintenance period. But I braked heavily and 2 of the batteries said "fuck this" and toppled over. 

The car fucking stinks, i've rinsed it all and put down baking soda which neutralises the acid!

1 hour ago, boro_boy said:

Fucking awful smell and taste, when you pick up 8 50kg batteries and you brake hard when transferring them from one place to another. It was in the missuses car!! Stinks, i'm already put baking soda on it to neutralise it so it doesn't' dissolve the car. I reckon to of my 8 batteries are fucked now, but i'll top them up with distilled water and hope for the best!!

Acid tingles your tongue!!

Has anybody ever told you, your not supposed to eat the feckin stuff?

8 hours ago, boro_boy said:

I wasn't

Basically the batteries on my ship which start the main engines are dying, they are 5 years old. So I ordered new ones, the guy rang me up yesterday when I was at sea, he was saying whereabouts are you in edinburgh, I said were not, we are on our way from newcastle. He said your shitting me!!! I said no! He was driving from Glasgow to Catterick, then was heading to Edinburgh. I asked if he could drop it off at Calliope in Newcastle and he said yeah!

The thing is, we are doing training next week so can't do much maintenance as it will dirty the ship haha. So I drove the batteries from Newcastle to South Shields at the yard the ship uses for its annual maintenance period. But I braked heavily and 2 of the batteries said "fuck this" and toppled over. 

The car fucking stinks, i've rinsed it all and put down baking soda which neutralises the acid!

but how did the acid get into your mouth....when it spilled onto the seats of the car or whatever were you on your hands and knees licking the fucking stuff ?

• Administrator
9 hours ago, Harold said:

but how did the acid get into your mouth....when it spilled onto the seats of the car or whatever were you on your hands and knees licking the fucking stuff ?

I touched some and locked it. To confirm it was acid. 

9 hours ago, Mr Magnificent said:

He was probably hungry!

Haha fuck off.