The Two Escobars (BBC iPlayer) - Narcos / Football Documentary

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p08pxs45/storyville-the-two-escobars

One to watch if you like Narcos and Football. It is a 100 minute documentary with live footage and interviews. It goes into how Pablo owned football teams and how mental Columbia was at that time. It also goes into Andres Escobars World Cup own goal that lead to his assassination! Very good watch with interviews with plenty of people involved at the time from team mates, to chief of police, to Pablo's right hand man Popeye. Very good watch that shows what the players had to put up with at the time. 

1 hour ago, Winston Ingram said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p08pxs45/storyville-the-two-escobars

One to watch if you like Narcos and Football. It is a 100 minute documentary with live footage and interviews. It goes into how Pablo owned football teams and how mental Columbia was at that time. It also goes into Andres Escobars World Cup own goal that lead to his assassination! Very good watch with interviews with plenty of people involved at the time from team mates, to chief of police, to Pablo's right hand man Popeye. Very good watch that shows what the players had to put up with at the time. 

I remember that..... 

I'll watch it, 

3 minutes ago, Winston Ingram said:

Yeah I knew the main story behind it but didn't know the level of detail that this shows, scary really!

Thats what I want to know....

As I understood it at the time..... he cost the cartels money through bets and they shot him on his return.....

But there must be an interesting story in there....

4 minutes ago, Bastion said:

Thats what I want to know....

As I understood it at the time..... he cost the cartels money through bets and they shot him on his return.....

But there must be an interesting story in there....

Yeah there certainly is mate, give it a watch! 

I also never realised how good a player he was and how respected he was. 

I’m sure that’s been on Netflix. I watched it a while ago.

There was a deadly feud between the Cali Cartel and the Medellin Cartel and I’m sure that spilled over into football 

The money these Cartels were racking in is just Phenomenal!!

As for Popeye. He absolutely was closeish to Pablo but I’m not convinced he was as close as Popeye Would have you believe 

Narcos was an excellent series

Narcos Mexico portrayed El Chapo as a wee cuddly cartel leader. He was far from it 

8 minutes ago, No.8 said:

I’m sure that’s been on Netflix. I watched it a while ago.

Almost certainly been online for a while, I only just seen it though. 

8 minutes ago, No.8 said:

There was a deadly feud between the Cali Cartel and the Medellin Cartel and I’m sure that spilled over into football 

The money these Cartels were racking in is just Phenomenal!!

Yeah they owned rival teams just to have another reason to fight I think!

9 minutes ago, No.8 said:

As for Popeye. He absolutely was closeish to Pablo but I’m not convinced he was as close as Popeye Would have you believe 

Yeah I don't doubt that he over played his importance! There was no one else left to disagree with him so why wouldn't you haha

10 minutes ago, No.8 said:

Narcos Mexico portrayed El Chapo as a wee cuddly cartel leader. He was far from it 

I think that may be due to the fact he kept getting researchers killed when they went to Mexico to decide where to film etc!!