Anyone ever sustained an injury

Harold

serious enough to keep them off work for a prolonged period of time. I have on a couple of occasions.

First time I smashed my car into a lamppost as a result of which I broke my bright cheekbone, right thumb and lost some teeth when I tried to eat the steering wheel. Ended up in Canniesburn hospital, Glasgow (no longer there) for surgery....had to get metal splints (something like gumshields) to my top and bottom teeth and the splints were wired together so my mouth couldn't open. Several months of a liquid diet aint no fun. Off work for months.

Second time was when I was trying to arrest this gobby cunt in his house....he pushed me and I fell to the floor and as I put my hands out to bear my fall there was a glass tumbler on the floor which split with the force and embedded itself into my right hand....turned out it had severed tendons in my right thumb, index finger and the ball of my hand next to the thumb....had surgery to join up the tendons but they didn't have micro stitching in they days so they tied the severed tendons together which obviously shortened them thereby limiting movement so I now have a partially disabled right hand due to limited movement in my thumb which cannot go upwards as in a like sign and also I have numbness in areas of some of my fingers. Again off work for months.

33 minutes ago, Harold said:

serious enough to keep them off work for a prolonged period of time. I have on a couple of occasions.

First time I smashed my car into a lamppost as a result of which I broke my bright cheekbone, right thumb and lost some teeth when I tried to eat the steering wheel. Ended up in Canniesburn hospital, Glasgow (no longer there) for surgery....had to get metal splints (something like gumshields) to my top and bottom teeth and the splints were wired together so my mouth couldn't open. Several months of a liquid diet aint no fun. Off work for months.

Second time was when I was trying to arrest this gobby cunt in his house....he pushed me and I fell to the floor and as I put my hands out to bear my fall there was a glass tumbler on the floor which split with the force and embedded itself into my right hand....turned out it had severed tendons in my right thumb, index finger and the ball of my hand next to the thumb....had surgery to join up the tendons but they didn't have micro stitching in they days so they tied the severed tendons together which obviously shortened them thereby limiting movement so I now have a partially disabled right hand due to limited movement in my thumb which cannot go upwards as in a like sign and also I have numbness in areas of some of my fingers. Again off work for months.

Been through it mate 

On a friendly at a ground with standing (think it was Peterborough) I sat underneath a barrier, Arsenal scored there first goal and I went to leap in the air and smashed my skull of the bottom, ouch!!!

I have been hit in the face with a cricket ball enough times but once playing for my works mixed team my to be husband returned the ball from cover, I wasn't watching and turned as it hit me right into the cheek. he was upset and took m to hospital, the rest is history.

4 minutes ago, Cazza said:

I have been hit in the face with a cricket ball enough times but once playing for my works mixed team my to be husband returned the ball from cover, I wasn't watching and turned as it hit me right into the cheek. he was upset and took m to hospital, the rest is history.

funny you should say that i met my wife by hitting her in the head with a snow ball 😃

i fucked my ankle up playing football once. went up to head the ball and landed on my right foot that was twisted when i landed. put me out for about 6 months. even now it gives out sometimes when i walk on uneven ground. 

12 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

i fucked my ankle up playing football once. went up to head the ball and landed on my right foot that was twisted when i landed. put me out for about 6 months. even now it gives out sometimes when i walk on uneven ground. 

I'm going to top the worst injury ever soon!!!!

12 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

IT was the weight it had to support on landing.

I’ve severed the tendons in my right hand and had similar operation to H. It finished my flute days. 

It was also just before my son was born so all the baby pictures are of me with my hand bandaged and protective cover.

Broke my hand and broke my toe at the football. Had my nose broken a few times as well 

3 minutes ago, No.8 said:

broke my toe at the football

used to do a wee bit of Karate (not seriously) in my 20's....me and my mate joined this club and the instructor was showing us techniques and moves one of which was to do a kick at full force into pads held by my mate....so I let go with my right foot, he didn't hold the pads in the correct position and my right toe connected with his arm or elbow....broken. I've also broken the same toe after standing on the dug who yelped, I jumped and my foot went out (just wearing socks) and smacked against a door frame...broken. I wrote a poem about that....lol