Rangers Statement Re two players breaking Covid Regulations

Makdee

I can see both players out the door ASAP no sympathy at all for them. Oh and well done the club for getting this out there before it hit the media 

https://www.rangers.co.uk/article/club-statement-3/1nOblWCKliYLWhvua9zNmV

RANGERS have been made aware of an incident last night involving two of our players, Jordan Jones and George Edmundson.

Both players breached covid regulations by attending a private gathering with others outside of their household. 

We can confirm that both players will be suspended pending an internal investigation. On the instruction of Dr Mark Waller, the players will also self isolate for 14 days. 

Rangers Managing Director, Stewart Robertson commented, “The Chairman Douglas Park, Ross Wilson, Steven Gerrard and I discussed this matter as soon as it was brought to our attention.

"We are completely aligned in our action and the standards that are being set at Rangers. 

"We will not tolerate behaviour that does not follow those standards and it is totally unacceptable for any of our players to be involved in anything that puts at risk the excellent protocols that have been put in place at Rangers.”

1 minute ago, Harold said:

agree 100% Mak. Unbelievable they would do that.

And people wonder why Jones couldn’t get a game. Just maybe SG seen his character and didn’t like it. Also I don’t care how much potential Edmundson has. They could have turned up for training this morning and the whole squad would have had to isolate could have ruined all that’s been achieved so far 

I believe they were at 1 Devonshire Gardens and the police were called at 3-30am and issued 10 fixed penalty fines. 

Stevie G has had his suspicions about Jones after his red card in Old Firm game. I was hoping he had knuckled down and turned the corner but it appears not! He’s gone now and I think his day / nights in establishments such as 1 Devonshire Gardens are finished as he ll never get another club like Rangers and the benefits that come with it 

Edmundson is maybe different. He’s always come across as a good professional and AFAIK this is his first discretion. Tough on the young lad if it costs him his Rangers career BUT if the club do terminate his contract he has no one to blame but himself 

Really annoyed about this. The lad I go to the football with bought his season ticket knowing he was about to lose his job and he did lose it. I managed to buy mine even though I hadn’t worked in 4/5 months !! We made sacrifices so the club can pay these selfish bastards a wage!! 

3 minutes ago, No.8 said:

I believe they were at 1 Devonshire Gardens and the police were called at 3-30am and issued 10 fixed penalty fines. 

Stevie G has had his suspicions about Jones after his red card in Old Firm game. I was hoping he had knuckled down and turned the corner but it appears not! He’s gone now and I think his day / nights in establishments such as 1 Devonshire Gardens are finished as he ll never get another club like Rangers and the benefits that come with it 

Edmundson is maybe different. He’s always come across as a good professional and AFAIK this is his first discretion. Tough on the young lad if it costs him his Rangers career BUT if the club do terminate his contract he has no one to blame but himself 

Really annoyed about this. The lad I go to the football with bought his season ticket knowing he was about to lose his job and he did lose it. I managed to buy mine even though I hadn’t worked in 4/5 months !! We made sacrifices so the club can pay these selfish bastards a wage!! 

Agree with most of that Edmundson is well paid and no doubt has potential but if those two had turned up at training this morning every bit of hard work the players club and fans like yourself have we done would be out the window. 

3 minutes ago, Makdee said:

Agree with most of that Edmundson is well paid and no doubt has potential but if those two had turned up at training this morning every bit of hard work the players club and fans like yourself have we done would be out the window. 

Absolutely agree. If he goes then he has nobody to blame but himself 

Who the fuck goes to a party on a Sunday night anyway? Nevermind during a pandemic! absolute clowns. 

If you can't break in to a winning team (where you are probably getting the highest wage you will in your career) I certainly wouldn't be rocking the boat! I am sure the Rangers Lawyers will be going through their contracts to see how they can rip them up for free! 

16 minutes ago, Winston Ingram said:

Who the fuck goes to a party on a Sunday night anyway? Nevermind during a pandemic! absolute clowns. 

If you can't break in to a winning team (where you are probably getting the highest wage you will in your career) I certainly wouldn't be rocking the boat! I am sure the Rangers Lawyers will be going through their contracts to see how they can rip them up for free! 

It’s crazy I have guys telling me but they are young. My answer tends to be really they are adults and very privileged and their action could have been really detrimental to the club 

6 minutes ago, Makdee said:

It’s crazy I have guys telling me but they are young. My answer tends to be really they are adults and very privileged and their action could have been really detrimental to the club 

I would say you are "young" up to 21, after that you really need to be accountable for your own actions. Especially when you are in a privileged position like these guys are. Very selfish and reckless. 

No matter how young they would have had the rules hammered into them.

Aberdeen 8 I can have a little sympathy with. They might not have been 100% on the rules and the brazen way they did it suggests there might be some truth in this 

Bolingoli broke the law so fuck him

After the furore over AFC 8 and Bolingoli no player should have been in any doubt how serious this is!! Killie , St Mirren and the Rangers 2 deserve everything coming there what!

30 minutes ago, Winston Ingram said:

I would say you are "young" up to 21, after that you really need to be accountable for your own actions. Especially when you are in a privileged position like these guys are. Very selfish and reckless. 

Thing is if this was any other area of employment would 21 be regarded as young I think not nor should it be. They are highly paid and I use this term loosely professionals. Who knew what trouble and danger they could have brought to other players and anyone else they were in contact with. Nah not for me 

17 minutes ago, Makdee said:

Thing is if this was any other area of employment would 21 be regarded as young I think not nor should it be. They are highly paid and I use this term loosely professionals. Who knew what trouble and danger they could have brought to other players and anyone else they were in contact with. Nah not for me 

Yeah the thing is they have broke a rule that has been drummed into the entire country by the First Minister every day for weeks now! There is no excuse really! I am sure the book will be thrown at them.

19 minutes ago, Harold said:

I agree with your comment Mak.....but in all honesty I am surprised that the Scottish Executive has publicly commended the club.

I think it’s a case of commending Rangers (and rightly so in this case) but also having a slight dig at other teams who clearly seem to be ignorant of the policies, see St Mirren and Kilmarnock.

• 3 weeks later...

Aberdeen’8’ get 3 game ban (suspended)

Bolingoli 3 Game ban. He actually left country and then played and trained

Edmundson and Jones 7 Game ban!!! 

I am fucking sick of these double standards! There is no way .... none . That their crime was worse than the others yet get more than double the ban handed down to Bolingoli 

I made my views clear at the time. Jordan Jones simply doesn’t have the mentality to be a Rangers player. Edmundson might deserve a second chance as he’s a first offender but wouldn’t surprise me if he’s gone .. But this is Rangers we ll just roll over and make no comment on this disgraceful decision 

6 minutes ago, No.8 said:

Aberdeen’8’ get 3 game ban (suspended)

Bolingoli 3 Game ban. He actually left country and then played and trained

I am fucking sick of these double standards! There is no way .... none . That their crime was worse than the others yet get more than double the ban handed down to Bolingoli 

I made my views clear at the time. Jordan Jones simply doesn’t have the mentality to be a Rangers player. Edmundson might deserve a second chance as he’s a first offender but wouldn’t surprise me if he’s gone .. But this is Rangers we ll just roll over and make no comment on this disgraceful decision 

Aberdeen and Celtic were also fined £30k each for the breach. I believe they can't fine Rangers because it didn't affect the team. 

Also it is a case of Aberdeen and Celtic incidents happened pretty close together if I remember correctly. After that Nicola Sturgeon said any more breaches and football could be stopped. So they ramped up the punishments and drummed it into the players even more. Then they breached the rules. 

Not sure its that big a deal though because how many of the next 10 games would they both realistically have played? Jones has only played 3 games this season and Edmunson has played 1 in the first qualifying round of Europa League. So its hardly a punishment realistically. 

22 minutes ago, No.8 said:

and it continues....and people wonder why Rangers fans show hatred to our corrupt fucking authorities ?

12 minutes ago, Winston Ingram said:

Not sure its that big a deal though because how many of the next 10 games would they both realistically have played? Jones has only played 3 games this season and Edmunson has played 1 in the first qualifying round of Europa League. So its hardly a punishment realistically.

Whether it's a big deal or not to others Winston it is the principle....Seven fucking games ? It doesn't matter how many games they have or have not played....all we look for is parity but that corrupt shower wouldn't know it if it bit them on the fucking arse.