Poppy Stories

Normski

I love remembrance day, the poppy etc. For the first year since i can remember i will not be buying a poppy this year.- the reason being the Royal British Legion, has a £275M surplus, Help for Heroes, a £ 75M surplus. Other charities to help ex-military like Care after Combat are struggling,whilst doing such a great job, helping homeless veterans, or those who have ended up in prison, which is a quite large percentage.

All our ex-servicemen deserve help and support, I am just putting my cash in a different direction. I find it shocking that the RBL, and H4H, won't help and ex-serviceman if he's fallen off the rails, In spite of their mega wealth These guys need it more IMO.

So im not being disrespectful, I'm helping the VETS via a different lesser known charity.

21 hours ago, superally said:

I love remembrance day, the poppy etc. For the first year since i can remember i will not be buying a poppy this year.- the reason being the Royal British Legion, has a £275M surplus, Help for Heroes, a £ 75M surplus. 

For real?....if so that's shameful

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/11/2020 at 21:03, superally said:

I love remembrance day, the poppy etc. For the first year since i can remember i will not be buying a poppy this year.- the reason being the Royal British Legion, has a £275M surplus, Help for Heroes, a £ 75M surplus. Other charities to help ex-military like Care after Combat are struggling,whilst doing such a great job, helping homeless veterans, or those who have ended up in prison, which is a quite large percentage.

All our ex-servicemen deserve help and support, I am just putting my cash in a different direction. I find it shocking that the RBL, and H4H, won't help and ex-serviceman if he's fallen off the rails, In spite of their mega wealth These guys need it more IMO.

So im not being disrespectful, I'm helping the VETS via a different lesser known charity.

Have a blarge at this.

Guest Red Devil
On 06/11/2020 at 18:09, Normski said:

A sobering thought

A map of the Somme after the  battle. Each grid is 250 square meters. The numbers written in Blue, are the numbers of bodies found within!

LEST WE FORGET 

20201106_180501.jpg.cb79e24ea31ccc2df5dd7670990be23a.jpg

That's unbelievable yet sadly horrifically true. 

Heartbreaking to see those numbers.