FFS - Another Weekend Ruined by International Football

boro_boy

Guest Red Devil
22 minutes ago, Normski said:

There's 2 important play off finals

The play offs are fair enough they are huge for the respective nations but given the workload the players have had of late I think its insane to schedule three internationals when players are dropping like flies. 

1 minute ago, Red Devil said:

The play offs are fair enough they are huge for the respective nations but given the workload the players have had of late I think its insane to schedule three internationals when players are dropping like flies. 

Mate there are a certain amount of International breaks per season

Whilst i personally can't stand the LON,the international break will always be there

As for the players dropping like flies,i find that annoying with modern football

When you hear managers coming out and saying my players are tired and need a rest 2 months into the season on £200k a week......well they can fuck right off......fucking pansies

Guest Red Devil
6 minutes ago, Normski said:

Mate there are a certain amount of International breaks per season

Whilst i personally can't stand the LON,the international break will always be there

As for the players dropping like flies,i find that annoying with modern football

When you hear managers coming out and saying my players are tired and need a rest 2 months into the season on £200k a week......well they can fuck right off......fucking pansies

I hate Internationals other than the major tournaments. 

I hear your point on dropping like flies but other than that small break in August they've been hammering three games a week since June. 

32 minutes ago, Red Devil said:

I hate Internationals other than the major tournaments. 

I hear your point on dropping like flies but other than that small break in August they've been hammering three games a week since June. 

I've used this example so many times but tennis players play in tournaments all yr round,playing every 2/3 days in a tournie maybe non stop on a court for 3 hrs

Squads are huge now with huge rotation unlike lower leagues who get on with it

I look back on the 70s/80s when they had one sub and played twice a week on pitches that resembled a rain soaked Glastonbury