Peat Slippage

Makdee

Just now, Red Devil said:

Fucking hell, is that normal? 

Them trees have litrally up sticks and moved to the other end of the field. 

It happens mate but it’s not normally seen Theres a lot of peat bog In Donegal 

44 minutes ago, Harold said:

what causes that Mak ?

In general water running into the big and getting underneath and it pools. Sometimes it’s a natural occurrence sometimes it’s caused by digging th Red a new wind farm getting built not far from this one people are saying it can ups have been caused by that. I don’t know if locals their are still cutting turf for the fire round about there. It’s certainly a pretty spectacular event though. 
I have seen tractors get buried in the bog 

Guest Red Devil
10 minutes ago, Makdee said:

In general water running into the big and getting underneath and it pools. Sometimes it’s a natural occurrence sometimes it’s caused by digging th Red a new wind farm getting built not far from this one people are saying it can ups have been caused by that. I don’t know if locals their are still cutting turf for the fire round about there. It’s certainly a pretty spectacular event though. 
I have seen tractors get buried in the bog 

Thats what I was going to ask, how deep is it. 

Have they ever tested how deep it is by any chance? 

If it can swallow a tractor I'm guessing it's deep. 

Just now, Red Devil said:

Thats what I was going to ask, how deep is it. 

Have they ever tested how deep it is by any chance? 

If it can swallow a tractor I'm guessing it's deep. 

It can be very deep in the case of anything buried it will eventually push itself back up to the surface. A young boy in cork found a 5000 year old canoe not long ago. Big people pop up now and again. That happens fairly frequently in Northern Europe including the UK. Perfectly mummified with hair intact etc

Guest Red Devil
1 minute ago, Makdee said:

It can be very deep in the case of anything buried it will eventually push itself back up to the surface. A young boy in cork found a 5000 year old canoe not long ago. Big people pop up now and again. That happens fairly frequently in Northern Europe including the UK. Perfectly mummified with hair intact etc

Crazy, bet there have been a fair few bodies disposed of over the years. 

6 minutes ago, Red Devil said:

Crazy, bet there have been a fair few bodies disposed of over the years. 

Most of the ones found died of natural causes seemingly. But from the little I have read some sacrificial bodies and a some murdered ones have popped up or been found by people digging their turf. But I imagine even in modern times people have been put in 

Guest Red Devil
Just now, Makdee said:

Most of the ones found died of natural causes seemingly. But from the little I have read some sacrificial bodies and a some murdered ones have popped up or been found by people digging their turf. 

Sacrificial, that's a crazy thought that is. 

One of my biggest nightmares as a kid was after watching the Wicker man, gets you because you know it is actually possible. 

To think people have gone in the bog as a sacrifice, poor sods..

2 hours ago, Red Devil said:

One of my biggest nightmares as a kid was after watching the Wicker man, gets you because you know it is actually possible. 

A very close friend of mine played the young girl Myrtle Morrison in this her dad played Eric in Still Game