Personalised Reg Plates!

superally

Never been a fan myself, tho my granddaughter has just sent my a picture of one available, that she thinks i might like as an Xmas present. I can't  help but like it as it seems almost perfect for me (and no it doesn't say cunt). Football wise it has my initials, and 50TV, =shit on the villa. I like the idea of that a lot. My issue is, I rarely keep a car for 3 years, so surely their has to be a hassle in transferring it etc.

Do any of you on here have your own reg plate? Is so what are the hassles of it?.

Looking for help here, as i'm not convinced either way.

1 hour ago, superally said:

Never been a fan myself, tho my granddaughter has just sent my a picture of one available, that she thinks i might like as an Xmas present. I can't  help but like it as it seems almost perfect for me (and no it doesn't say cunt). Football wise it has my initials, and 50TV, =shit on the villa. I like the idea of that a lot. My issue is, I rarely keep a car for 3 years, so surely their has to be a hassle in transferring it etc.

Do any of you on here have your own reg plate? Is so what are the hassles of it?.

dude aint no one gonna think 50tv is shit on the villa. if i said to you i just got a 50tv would you think samsung or number plate. tbh i think you should get it and store it with the door lights 👍

8 hours ago, superally said:

I don't have one (thought about it in the past and had a look to see what was on offer that would relate to me but haven't gone ahead) but a guy who used to live at one side of me had one and the chap who now lives to the other side of me has one for each of his two vehicles and it took a few weeks for the info to be passed to and processed by the DVLA before they got the go ahead to put them on their cars.

9 hours ago, superally said:

I don't have one mate, but my Mrs dad has a few as he works with cars. You just need to contact DVLA to say you are changing the plate and that's all. Each time you buy a new car you contact them and say you will be transferring the plate, can't remember if there is a small fee for that. But if you don't use it then there is a bigger fee to keep it on retention, to stop people stock piling them. 

19 hours ago, superally said:

I have mixed feelings about them if I am honest. However, I see where you are coming from with the one you quoted.

That would be a head turner for any Bluenose. No doubt expensive too, but money doesn't seem to be a problem so go for it! 50TV is a classic!

As Winston said I think there is a small transfer fee to swap it to another vehicle. 

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, superally said:

Mrs SA picked up her new car on Monday, last 3 letters of plate- AVF, she has to get that changed to anything else really.

Didn't she get a choice?

I have always had the option of picking my own within the range of what dealer has open.

I would not get in that vehicle until that changed. 

On 16/11/2020 at 01:05, UNIQUE said:

dude aint no one gonna think 50tv is shit on the villa. if i said to you i just got a 50tv would you think samsung or number plate. tbh i think you should get it and store it with the door lights 👍

I hope you can watch Jamie Oliver on that set?

• 6 months later...

Saw a great plate for sale today, OF2 PUB, I like that, tho i could just imagine somebody like myself clocking it on a car, following it for 50 miles, then being dragged out of the car to be called a lying bastard, cos I was actually visiting my cousin.

12 hours ago, superally said:

Saw a great plate for sale today, OF2 PUB, I like that, tho i could just imagine somebody like myself clocking it on a car, following it for 50 miles, then being dragged out of the car to be called a lying bastard, cos I was actually visiting my cousin.

why would you be called a lying bastard if you were following the car with said reg plate ? Confused here.