Dave King Interview

Dave King has done an interview with STV where he has said selling in the summer is “more than inevitable, it’s essential” to Rangers business model going forward. With a squad of sellable assets he views at £200m including the whole squad! 
What do you make of this Gers fans? 

The squad was conservatively estimated at £170 million. I think £200 million is not out of the question

Ive been thinking player sales next summer were going to happen and Reckon Morelos , Barisic and Kamara will all be sold. I reckon £40-45 million is achievable for the 3 of them

2 minutes ago, No.8 said:

The squad was conservatively estimated at £170 million. I think £200 million is not out of the question

Ive been thinking player sales next summer were going to happen and Reckon Morelos , Barisic and Kamara will all be sold. I reckon £40-45 million is achievable for the 3 of them

Depends who comes in for them how much you’ll get I reckon. 

30 minutes ago, Winston Ingram said:

Depends who comes in for them how much you’ll get I reckon. 

We knocked back £16 million for Morelos and Lille still want him

Roma were after Barisic and I expect that to be a bidding war

Kamara is getting better and better and will have middling EPL clubs after him 

20 minutes ago, No.8 said:

We knocked back £16 million for Morelos and Lille still want him

Roma were after Barisic and I expect that to be a bidding war

Kamara is getting better and better and will have middling EPL clubs after him 

Wasn’t disputing your numbers, although they are just opinions. It depends which clubs come in. Some clubs will see it as players from Scotland and bid fuck all, others will want it done and pay big bucks, it’s a lottery. 

5 minutes ago, Winston Ingram said:

Wasn’t disputing your numbers, although they are just opinions. It depends which clubs come in. Some clubs will see it as players from Scotland and bid fuck all, others will want it done and pay big bucks, it’s a lottery. 

That’s why Europa League is so important. I’m sure clubs all over Europe took note of Morelos last season 

Kemar Roofe is another .. I’m sure Rangers are merely a stepping stone for him to get back to England

Leeds United had a few bids for Kent turned down. I believe he is happy here but money does talk 

5 minutes ago, No.8 said:

That’s why Europa League is so important. I’m sure clubs all over Europe took note of Morelos last season 

Kemar Roofe is another .. I’m sure Rangers are merely a stepping stone for him to get back to England

Leeds United had a few bids for Kent turned down. I believe he is happy here but money does talk 

Yeah I agree, without Europa league you wouldn’t get anywhere near those numbers for those players! 

Not an unreasonable number from Mr King....However if we are to sell the players mentioned above we MUST be certain that replacements have the potential to emulate those who leave. Personally...Kent and Roofe are 'must stays'....you all know my feelings on Morelos....he can stroll on any time he wants....

Roofe / Itten replaces Morelos 

Bassey replaces Barisic

Jack , Zungu and Arfield would replace Davis and Kamara. 

We need back ups for all those positions but hopefully we have something coming through the yoofs 

Talk in Portugal is they want Glen Kamara ... As well as he has played he is replaceable and considering we bought him for £50,000 and the fee Rangers are looking for is £10 million + 

Great piece of business 

3 hours ago, No.8 said:

Talk in Portugal is they want Glen Kamara ... As well as he has played he is replaceable and considering we bought him for £50,000 and the fee Rangers are looking for is £10 million + 

Great piece of business 

Very underrated player