Stocks and shares

boro_boy

I dabbled in them in the early noughties. I hadn’t a clue what I was doing but still made a few bob. If you have a few quid to spare , open up an account with a broker, don’t go mad at the start , and spread the risk. I’d say oil shares are on the floor now, along with airlines and stuff suffering from Covid.  Have a crack at it , it can be very interesting. 

3 minutes ago, DOC said:

I dabbled in them in the early noughties. I hadn’t a clue what I was doing but still made a few bob. If you have a few quid to spare , open up an account with a broker, don’t go mad at the start , and spread the risk. I’d say oil shares are on the floor now, along with airlines and stuff suffering from Covid.  Have a crack at it , it can be very interesting. 

Mate of mine has thousands of pounds with of shares in Uranium.... he reckons its a good investment 

I have no clue

40 minutes ago, Bastion said:

Mate of mine has thousands of pounds with of shares in Uranium.... he reckons its a good investment 

I have no clue

Yeh , same as myself, most times I just took a punt. 

47 minutes ago, Bastion said:

I have no clue

so when you look at it your mate is a arms dealer 😀

4 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

so when you look at it your mate is a arms dealer 😀

he actually worked in Africa before Covid..... no sure what all went on, but he is putting his eldest through Pilot school at  £80k

I reckon he's up to no good....

15 minutes ago, Bastion said:

he actually worked in Africa before Covid..... no sure what all went on, but he is putting his eldest through Pilot school at  £80k

I reckon he's up to no good....

If he gets a job as a South American pilot you can guarantee it. 😴

5 minutes ago, Bastion said:

You don't buy at the top end matie....

Rule No 1

Give it a week or two. Wait until he gets charged with federal crimes then pounce.

He only conceded the election and started being civil yesterday as big money were threatening to have nothing to do with him. 

3 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Give it a week or two. Wait until he gets charged with federal crimes then pounce.

He only conceded the election and started being civil yesterday as big money were threatening to have nothing to do with him. 

Kunsberg tell ye that?

Don't have any myself but a neighbour across the road had a fairly large amount invested and has told us since Covid hit last year they have virtually been wiped out. I don't know any details, simply what she has said.

• 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

I'm £300 down with my shares, at one point I was £400 up. I'm keeping them until next year before my wedding. Hopefully they rise again. 

People have lost homes gambling on the stock exchange. Families wrecked, lives lost. Gambling is awful! :beer:

Edited by Mr Magnificent