The Good Life

Mr Magnificent

So, me and my better half are thinking of selling up and moving into a rural setting.

We quite fancy village life. We may have to wait until the pandemic is over though.

Been looking at East Staffs, South Derbyshire or East Leicestershire. Nothing too big as we don't need it. Plenty about! 

10 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

So, me and my better half are thinking of selling up and moving into a rural setting.

We quite fancy village life. We may have to wait until the pandemic is over though.

Been looking at East Staffs, South Derbyshire or East Leicestershire. Nothing too big as we don't need it. Plenty about! 

Good luck with it. I moved to a rural setting many years ago best thing I ever done 

14 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

You in a city or town atm?, plan to live off the land or just commute to work?

Need more info to process this.....

4 minutes ago, Bastion said:

You in a city or town atm?, plan to live off the land or just commute to work?

Need more info to process this.....

I live right on the Southern tip of Brum. Literally a 5 minute walk into green belt area. Opposite Birmingham City training ground. Super will know where it is and my local.

Would like to live off land where possible. Mrs may have to commute in several times a week so that needs thinking about. I am thinking of a return to NHS in local area if we find something. 

40 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Covid is a problem at the minute tho. 

How?

Anyhoo, I live in a village,  no issues,  bar Frankies arriving at the weekend and summer due to our beach....once your in the house looking out the window, it doesn't matter where you are

1 minute ago, Bastion said:

How?

Anyhoo, I live in a village,  no issues,  bar Frankies arriving at the weekend and summer due to our beach....once your in the house looking out the window, it doesn't matter where you are

How?

I would have thought that explained itself.

Most viewing are online. Can't really get a good feel for a neighborhood via a video. Travelling to look at property out of locality is illegal so it will have to wait. 

1 minute ago, Mr Magnificent said:

How?

I would have thought that explained itself.

Most viewing are online. Can't really get a good feel for a neighborhood via a video. Travelling to look at property out of locality is illegal so it will have to wait. 

Well,  ye'll  just have to wait then..... everything comes to he who waits....

3 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Will do mate.

Hope to have a goat, greenhouse and a large vegetable plot.

That huge drive for 4 motors at the front of my current house is nice but wasted space. I could be growing lettuces! 

I'd probably get a rooster to keep the neighbours on their toes.......

2 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

sold one of my prized hens that bred champions for £600 once. a cousin of mine who is a well known breeder around europe has sold cock birds for over £2k before. they sell for crazy money. 

They do. Perhaps that could be a line of income for me in the countryside? 🤔