N.I joining the ROI

jezza

Thoughts?

Brexit has fucked us financially and left us swimming(sea border) and customs are hammering us.

I'm undecided if it were to come to a vote.

Edited by jezza

5 minutes ago, Bastion said:

Not for me matie.....

For what reasons? Genuinely intrigued. I'm born and bred Northern Irish and have no connection with the south. But equally I have no connection with Scotland or England

Just now, jezza said:

For what reasons? Genuinely intrigued. I'm born and bred Northern Irish and have no connection with the south. But equally I have no connection with Scotland or England

I've never felt a connection with the good folk of the Irish Republic.....  

• Administrator
48 minutes ago, jezza said:

Thoughts?

Brexit has fucked us financially and left us swimming(sea border) and customs are hammering us.

I'm undecided if it were to come to a vote.

I'm not bothered either way, this doesn't effect me. If yo udid join the ROI, can you take Scotland too, well Sturgeon anyway!!

1 minute ago, Bastion said:

I've never felt a connection with the good folk of the Irish Republic.....  

I would 100% vote for a Northern Irish nation. Bin the lads across the water and we deal with our own stuff.

1 minute ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Personally I would worry for the Protestant community in the north if they went it alone. 

You do know there a fair few Protestants in the republic. I can only talk for the area I live but they are treated just like everyone else. Some of the biggest events here are Church of Ireland and all faith attend them. Also one of the major Orange parades takes place in Donegal at Rossnowlagh. Personally imo the republic can’t afford NI. 

7 minutes ago, Makdee said:

You do know there a fair few Protestants in the republic. I can only talk for the area I live but they are treated just like everyone else. Some of the biggest events here are Church of Ireland and all faith attend them. Also one of the major Orange parades takes place in Donegal at Rossnowlagh. Personally imo the republic can’t afford NI. 

He meant in a stand alone situation   there is little doubt a terrorist campaign would be launched in that scenario.,  so its a valid point in my opinion 

13 minutes ago, Bastion said:

He meant in a stand alone situation   there is little doubt a terrorist campaign would be launched in that scenario.,  so its a valid point in my opinion 

In that situation maybe but let’s face it the ra have a record of killing what they say is their own people the don’t talk for me or many others though 

6 minutes ago, Bastion said:

No doubt. But it would fail. People are fed up with drug dealers

12 minutes ago, Bastion said:

That is exactly what I meant. Quite frankly the thought disturbs me.