Problem

Mr Magnificent

8 minutes ago, Bastion said:

You are correct but it is a fucking warped question which isn't put forward in the manner it should be. Someone done something like this before and it is a load of fucking shit. The majority will deal with the equation in the manner it has been put forward...This guy puts it as it should be!

, former I.T. Director and SAP Consultant (1970-2010)
Updated 1 year ago · Author has 5.1K answers and 1.2M answer views

Well Wayne, if you have a B.Sc. in Computer Science and Finance, and have programmed a bot that earns you 20–40% return on any basis at all, then I suspect you are already fully capable of dealing with a question like this.

Perhaps you have also programmed a bot that asks elementary and repetitive questions on Quora.

Anyway if you performed your calculation on a calculator then 50+50–25 would give you 75 x 0 which would be zero and then + 2 + 2 would be 4.

If you followed the convention that multiply and divide take precedence then in effect you would have 50+50–0+2+2=104.

My own preference as a mathematician and (admittedly a long time ago) programmer is to write clearly and unambiguously what you mean in the first place.

If for example you mean (50+50)(250)+(2+2)(50+50)−(25∗0)+(2+2)then wouldn't it be so much simpler to say that?

So basically, trying to be a fucking smart arse in putting forward equations like that is a load of fucking bollox imo!

5 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Just apply Bodmas.

you're putting out an equation to the general public.............DID YOU MENTION applying whatever the fuck Bodmas is ? Rather than trying to be a smart fucking arse....put the equation down using the brackets where required & then anyone with a modicum of intelligence could answer it. However the way the question is shown then MY answer of 4 is correct!

AS the c&p I used says....

If for example you mean (50+50)(250)+(2+2)(50+50)−(25∗0)+(2+2)then wouldn't it be so much simpler to say that?

Rather than being a smart arse ?

9 minutes ago, Harold said:

you're putting out an equation to the general public.............DID YOU MENTION applying whatever the fuck Bodmas is ? Rather than trying to be a smart fucking arse....put the equation down using the brackets where required & then anyone with a modicum of intelligence could answer it. However the way the question is shown then MY answer of 4 is correct!

AS the c&p I used says....

Rather than being a smart arse ?

Do you know what Bodmas is? BB got it easy enough! 😲