Captain Tom Moore

Sir Tom Moore's family are with him in hospital after he tested positive for the coronavirus.

The 100-year-old was taken to hospital on Sunday after being treated for pneumonia and testing positive for the virus two weeks ago.

so how come this mans family are ok to be in hospital with him . 

16 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

Sir Tom Moore's family are with him in hospital after he tested positive for the coronavirus.

The 100-year-old was taken to hospital on Sunday after being treated for pneumonia and testing positive for the virus two weeks ago.

so how come this mans family are ok to be in hospital with him . 

I thought that. I don't begrudge it him any, but my Dad was really ill and we couldn't get near him. I guess they just take it case by case? 

Just now, Mr Magnificent said:

I thought that. I don't begrudge it him any, but my Dad was really ill and we couldn't get near him. I guess they just take it case by case? 

money money money mate. 

1 hour ago, Harold said:

The Captain has passed away............Rest In Peace that soldier! I'm glad his family were allowed to be with him.

I have to agree. That is why I said to @UNIQUE they probably just each case on its merits. 

RIP to the Captain. I feel like raising a glass! 

Just now, Harold said:

Mate, I believe nobody under these circumstances should be denied their family being around them.

100%. The press just reported or as family with him and I guessed then, but also understood Chez's question as it sounded like one rule for one and not the other.

My understanding is that if the hospital say it is life or death then patients are allowed visitors under certain conditions.