• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Apologies for my part in the crap with me and bas last night it did get silly in the end tbh and the other guys on the forum don't need to see that shit. @Bastion if you are ever in England look me up

The last dog we had was a mongrel and definitely the cleverest dog I ever came across. We would give him a bone to chew on and then he would bury it in the garden. Amazing, wished I got it on video. 

Why not go to a rehoming shelter and see if you can get a dog from there and give it a good home ?

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Ok we have decided we are going to get a dog. We have the time now and even after Covid the Mrs is only in the office 4 days a week and can come home at lunch time. 

We are both going to each make a list of 6 choices and compare then see if we agree on any then take it from there.

Beagle, mongrel, English Pointer, Coonhound are on my short list. Two more to add. 

I have concerns about a Beagle barking but Mrs seems to think she can get that under control. 

What are the wife's choices?

1 hour ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Ok we have decided we are going to get a dog. We have the time now and even after Covid the Mrs is only in the office 4 days a week and can come home at lunch time. 

We are both going to each make a list of 6 choices and compare then see if we agree on any then take it from there.

Beagle, mongrel, English Pointer, Coonhound are on my short list. Two more to add. 

I have concerns about a Beagle barking but Mrs seems to think she can get that under control. 

I am adding Labrador and Visla to my list. So there are my 6. 

19 minutes ago, Bastion said:

Labs are cracking dogs, great with kids too.

My favourite dog.

My Dad had one. So switched on. Patience of a Saint too! I have seen it surrounded by Grandkids all wanting to play and it took it all in its stride. Expensive as fuck in lock down though. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Expensive as fuck in lock down though. 

I've no doubt you'd get one at a re-homing centre mate. Our last dog Jack, a cross collie/Lab, was a brilliant mut....so intelligent, obedient & tbh the best we've had (apart from out big sable alsation Prince). We got him from Dogs Trust when he was four and had him till he was 13.

33 minutes ago, Harold said:

I've no doubt you'd get one at a re-homing centre mate. Our last dog Jack, a cross collie/Lab, was a brilliant mut....so intelligent, obedient & tbh the best we've had (apart from out big sable alsation Prince). We got him from Dogs Trust when he was four and had him till he was 13.

Even the dogs homes are inundated.

It seems everyone wants a mutt. Fuck all else to do.

I have no problem at all dropping a rescue centre a few hundred quid for the right dog mate. 

Just now, Mr Magnificent said:

Joined a few Facebook groups for Labrador rescue and rehoming.

All slow with Covid but I can register an interest. 🐕🐕🐕

You'd be better getting a Lab matie, You couldn't even be arsed finding out how to spell Vizsla....

.🤣

Just been speaking to a nice lady from Pointer rescue shelter in Dorset. 

She said they don't get too many Pointers need rehoming in UK but they do get a lot of nice young ones in from the continent. Place like Greece, Hungary and Romania who go on to make fabulous pets here. So, I gave her a few details and we will take it from there. I told her there was no rush as we hoped to go to US in July Covid permitting. 

They interview you and inspect your home and garden prior to letting dogs go. They are innoculated, microchipped and given once over health wise. If it all works out they ask for a £400 donation which seems very fair considering new pups are £2500!

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Just been speaking to a nice lady from Pointer rescue shelter in Dorset. 

She said they don't get too many Pointers need rehoming in UK but they do get a lot of nice young ones in from the continent. Place like Greece, Hungary and Romania who go on to make fabulous pets here. So, I gave her a few details and we will take it from there. I told her there was no rush as we hoped to go to US in July Covid permitting. 

They interview you and inspect your home and garden prior to letting dogs go. They are innoculated, microchipped and given once over health wise. If it all works out they ask for a £400 donation which seems very fair considering new pups are £2500!

tbh, I think you'll end up getting parrot, perhaps a Norwegian Blue.