• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Site Owner
1 minute ago, UNIQUE said:

you need to disipline him if he steps out of line though mags. a little tap on the nose with a stern NO wont hurt him. people say dont do that but a mother dog will always put the pups inline if they get to much. a dog is a pack animal that needs to know that people are top of the pack. 

I tap my dogs noses now and again, they are shit scared of me 🙂 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

its starting to look like this dog thinks moving to birmingham to live with mags is a punishment. 😄

Apologies for my part in the crap with me and bas last night it did get silly in the end tbh and the other guys on the forum don't need to see that shit. @Bastion if you are ever in England look me up

Posted Images

1 minute ago, UNIQUE said:

you need to disipline him if he steps out of line though mags. a little tap on the nose with a stern NO wont hurt him. people say dont do that but a mother dog will always put the pups inline if they get to much. a dog is a pack animal that needs to know that people are top of the pack. 

Exactly what my Mrs said.

She was all for tapping his nose, but I don't want to undo any work we have already done.

3 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

I tap my dogs noses now and again, they are shit scared of me 🙂 

they are vizslas and we know they sulk like babies if you correct them. one of my dogs sulks bad if i tell him no and send him to bed. the other 1 ( who gets a tap and told off most days ) dont give a shit 🤣 but my youngest dog had a habit of growling at anyone that sat next to him when he wanted to sleep. but a tap on his nose and a stern no and he dont do it anymore.

• Site Owner
Just now, UNIQUE said:

they are vizslas and we know they sulk like babies if you correct them. one of my dogs sulks bad if i tell him no and send him to bed. the other 1 ( who gets a tap and told off most days ) dont give a shit 🤣 but my youngest dog had a habit of growling at anyone that sat next to him when he wanted to sleep. but a tap on his nose and a stern no and he dont do it anymore.

Poppy growls when Darcy sits next to her or touches her when she's on the sofa!! Poppy is such a grumpy cunt, must take after me! 🙂  Darcy is just dumb!!! Lights are on but no ones homes!

7 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Exactly what my Mrs said.

She was all for tapping his nose, but I don't want to undo any work we have already done.

a tap on the nose when he tries to bite and a treat and a stroke when he does good will teach him in no time whats good and whats bad

5 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Poppy growls when Darcy sits next to her or touches her when she's on the sofa!! Poppy is such a grumpy cunt, must take after me! 🙂  Darcy is just dumb!!! Lights are on but no ones homes!

Which one is the rescue dog?

Jack isn't the brightest either! 

11 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

jack is half pointer trust me he is smart. he just knows you are a pushover 🤣

Yeah, if he nips my Mrs she will smack his nose for sure and shout at him. 

I am not a pushover but I do empathise. You don't work 25 years in NHS without having empathy. The dog has had his whole world turned upside down. 

• Site Owner
2 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

I was thinking of getting another rescue but they seem more problematic than a ginger haired step child! 

Oh yeah Darcy is problematic, scared of every other dog, she has bitted a few too. We just have to keep her on the lead, if she's off and she sees a dog, she'll bark and freeze, we can't get her back so we've got to be carefull. Poppy is a cunt too and hates dogs so we just put them both on leads when there are dogs about. 

Just now, Mr Magnificent said:

Yeah, if he nips my Mrs she will smack his nose for sure and shout at him. 

I am not a pushover but I do empathise. You don't work 25 years in NHS without having empathy. The dog has had his whole world turned upside down. 

but you need to understand that disipline is whats best for the dog. as soon as a dog knows his place in the pack and has a structure then he will thrive. 

1 minute ago, Mr Magnificent said:

My mate swears by Aldi dry food. Says his dogs love it and have firm turds.

I went today to get some fishing gear and a huge bag is £5:99. Might try one. 

the key is to find a good food they like and stick to it. changing food to often can give a dog bad guts. 

1 minute ago, boro_boy said:

Oh yeah Darcy is problematic, scared of every other dog, she has bitted a few too. We just have to keep her on the lead, if she's off and she sees a dog, she'll bark and freeze, we can't get her back so we've got to be carefull. Poppy is a cunt too and hates dogs so we just put them both on leads when there are dogs about. 

Apparently Jack was fine in the pound on Cyprus and tripped no flags with aggression towards other dogs.

He didn't like any dog we came across today. Maybe he doesn't like foreigners? Sign him up! 😂😂😁😂

1 hour ago, Mr Magnificent said:

My Mrs said he is smart.

He ignores me all day then when I sit down with my dinner he walks over and sits in front of me watching me. 

The shite you eat you will put the fucker in the vets, no wonder he enjoys biting in you. 

Be in the kennels in a week or two that poor mutt.