My Dryer Died yesterday

boro_boy

• Administrator

So getting a new one today, its a heatpump one, was more than a standard condensate dryer but a lot cheaper to run but it takes longer to dry the clothes!! I'm constantly washing and drying throws which are over the sofas as the dogs get minging on some of the walks we do! So I think over a few years, it will work out cheaper than the standard condensate tumble dryer.

• Administrator
On 06/02/2021 at 14:35, Mr Magnificent said:

AO mate. 

Nah currys for me. Use my credit account, 0% for 12 months. 

On 06/02/2021 at 14:37, Harold said:

I was going to ask who Mr Dryer was.....but then I re-read the title....lol

• 7 months later...
  • Administrator

My current one has lost all its gas haha. So it's taking ages to finish a programme. Engineer came yesterday and I'm getting a replacement soon. This one still kinda of works. 

It's the nice CFC glass too, fuck the ozone.

28 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

My current one has lost all its gas haha. So it's taking ages to finish a programme. Engineer came yesterday and I'm getting a replacement soon. This one still kinda of works. 

It's the nice CFC glass too, fuck the ozone.

is the above connected to what you posted yesterday & what are you actually on about...a dryer or a fridge ?

Had an engineer round today for my Dryer, I'm getting a new one as the Refrigerant gas and decided to fuck off out of the system!

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Harold said:

is the above connected to what you posted yesterday & what are you actually on about...a dryer or a fridge ?

Had an engineer round today for my Dryer, I'm getting a new one as the Refrigerant gas and decided to fuck off out of the system!

Yeah was the same thing. 

Basically the heat pump fryer has a refrigerant system in side with a condenser. Air is heated up from one side of the system then put into the drum, the air goes out the drum past 3 lint filters and it should hit the cold condenser part of the fridge system and condense therefore removing the water, then the air goes from the cold side to the hot side and the cycle repeats. 

But my.cold side isn't working. So it's taking ages to get rid of the water. 

17 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Yeah was the same thing. 

Basically the heat pump fryer has a refrigerant system in side with a condenser. Air is heated up from one side of the system then put into the drum, the air goes out the drum past 3 lint filters and it should hit the cold condenser part of the fridge system and condense therefore removing the water, then the air goes from the cold side to the hot side and the cycle repeats. 

But my.cold side isn't working. So it's taking ages to get rid of the water. 

okey doke.....lol

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

my dryer broke yesterday so i just tied a knott in it and she was back hanging clothes up in no time. took me 30 seconds to fix it. 👍

I used to hanf the clothes out but they smell awful when I bring them in. Must be the smell of boro! Or the nearby roads.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

I still dont have a replacement. Engineer said it needed replacing on 17th, rang up last week and they said the engineer didn't send over his report, just ringing now but been on hold for 15 mins. I bet they not blame Covid, or Brexit lol. 

D&G are utter dog wank!!!

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Catsmother said:

Are those heat pump ones good? @boro_boy I think I need a new dryer too, mine is bleeping all the time and it's getting on my nerves.

Yeah, they take longer but they use half the energy. But they're not the cheapest. I use my dryer all the time as i'm constantly washing dog sheets, throws due to the dogs, so this will save me loads. Its basically just a refrigerations system inside the dryer with no heater element so its safer to leave on when you leave your house.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Harold said:

so Ches was wrong when he said it was a fridge you were on about after I enquired.....lol

Yeah, well one side of it works like a fridge and the other a heater. Just a typical fridge cycle.