VOTE - Member of The Month for February - VOTE ×

Last September I booked a self contained holiday cottage that I paid £225 for two nights over New Year.

Obviously due to lockdown we couldn't go so I contacted the owner. She said instead of a refund would we consider new dates. Chatted with the boss and she said we could try for April 9' 10 this year thinking lock down would be over, so rebooked it with property owner.

Again on the back of Boris statement yesterday we still not legally travel to a holiday let until after April 12, so I called the lady to advise this and she said ok we can rebook. I advised that we had no time available for the trip this year due to other commitments.

She said as a "Good Will Gesture" she would refund me a £100 of the £225. I scoffed at that and now she is ignoring me. I paid for a service I couldn't legally take. Who is being the cunt, me or her? 

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Send her one of yer 600 doggy bags full of shit

Well, well, well. I applied some pressure yesterday afternoon threatening to expose her to the complaints department set up by government to investigate this sort of thing. Also, had CAB involved.

Mags.....I don't know how you go about it but....Trip Advisor ?....bad review. Anywhere you can on social media and embarrass her & tell her you are going to do it!

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Last September I booked a self contained holiday cottage that I paid £225 for two nights over New Year.

Obviously due to lockdown we couldn't go so I contacted the owner. She said instead of a refund would we consider new dates. Chatted with the boss and she said we could try for April 9' 10 this year thinking lock down would be over, so rebooked it with property owner.

Again on the back of Boris statement yesterday we still not legally travel to a holiday let until after April 12, so I called the lady to advise this and she said ok we can rebook. I advised that we had no time available for the trip this year due to other commitments.

She said as a "Good Will Gesture" she would refund me a £100 of the £225. I scoffed at that and now she is ignoring me. I paid for a service I couldn't legally take. Who is being the cunt, me or her? 

Tell her, you have passed her details onto Saf Landans Finest....

She has 48 hrs to respond

Just spoke with booking company and interesting that they said she didn't cancel the original booking in December and rebook us in for April. So, she has had the £225 and now doesn't want to refund it even though in law we could not possibly have fulfilled the booking nor could she legally let it out.

They have emailed her requesting a full refund. We'll see...

Well obviously the booking company have contacted her. She text me to say she only received £182 of the £225 I paid for the booking. She said please send me your bank details and I will send you £91 of the £182 that is fair! 

So, as I never set foot on your holiday let as I wasn't legally allowed to, you feel it is fair to keep £91 of my money for doing absolutely nothing? That means the business gains £91 and the customer loses £91 for something that never took place? 

I am struggling with this logic to be fair...

46 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Well obviously the booking company have contacted her. She text me to say she only received £182 of the £225 I paid for the booking. She said please send me your bank details and I will send you £91 of the £182 that is fair! 

So, as I never set foot on your holiday let as I wasn't legally allowed to, you feel it is fair to keep £91 of my money for doing absolutely nothing? That means the business gains £91 and the customer loses £91 for something that never took place? 

I'll phone her, tell her I'm uncle Gerrard      

Or maybe Uncle Junior could sort this......

5 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

It's shit isn't it. I always book hotels or ferries in advance and always refundable. I know this doesn't help you at all. 

I dunno what the rules are with this. She might be entitled to keep it all if they don't usually offer refunds 

She has a full refund policy if you cancel 30 days before, but as we had no way of knowing when Boris was locking us down we couldn't do that. We tried twice but the law won! 

She has been fine all along the way with my dough in her pocket. She has only showed her teeth now I want it back.

I have taken advice. I am fully entitled to a refund. Getting it might is the problem though. 

Edited by Mr Magnificent
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Mags.....I don't know how you go about it but....Trip Advisor ?....bad review. Anywhere you can on social media and embarrass her & tell her you are going to do it!

21 minutes ago, Harold said:

I was going to see if I can get a refund first.

Her cred will be shot to shit after.

She is dealing with a man of a thousand names! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

She will need £91 for valium. I told her to be nice. She was warned! 

Well, well, well. I applied some pressure yesterday afternoon threatening to expose her to the complaints department set up by government to investigate this sort of thing. Also, had CAB involved.

Hey presto, woke up to a text offering a full refund.

She is still a cunt and I still have the review option. 😁😁😁

2 hours ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Hey presto, woke up to a text offering a full refund.

She is still a cunt and I still have the review option. 😁😁😁

Get the money first...

Its good to have it in writing,  its now binding....