Holyrood enquiry into handling of harassment complaints

Harold

Some of the committee members are a fucking joke. SNP, Lib Dem & Independent MSPs all asking Salmond about his involvement in sexual harassment when the hearing has fuck all to do with this and to do with the handling of complaints by the Scottish Government.

I watched the hearing until around 4pm...Salmond basically ran rings round those who were trying to discredit him. He knew what he was talking about whereas the SNP, Lib Dem & Independent MSPs who were questioning him were grasping at straws. He was in a different league to them. 

It was painful for Nicola fans. It was a systematic pummeling for eleven rounds followed by a last round KO.

I honestly do not know how she continues after this. 

It has highlighted the fact that Salmond (like him or not) is in fact a politician and Nicola is in fact a chancer along with that stubby little runt Blackford.

Edited by Mr Magnificent

Watching BBC news atm & Ian Blackford is being interviewed (very softly I may add but par for the course). Refused to answer straightforward questions about Sturgeon's position and simply skirted around the edges....Oh and Nicola is innocent btw. We'll see. The hearing is on the BBC Scotland channel (Virgin 108) starting 9am.

5 minutes ago, Harold said:

Watching BBC news atm & Ian Blackford is being interviewed (very softly I may add but par for the course). Refused to answer straightforward questions about Sturgeon's position and simply skirted around the edges....Oh and Nicola is innocent btw. We'll see. The hearing is on the BBC Scotland channel (Virgin 108) starting 9am.

I think she is fucked. Salmond has her in tatters. 

36 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

I think she is fucked. Salmond has her in tatters. 

Well there are 9 committee members....4 SNP, 2 Conservatives, I Lib Dem, 1 Independent, 1 Labour. No doubt the SNP members will give her an easy ride, don't know about the Lib Dem or Independent but....Jackie Baillie (Labour) & Murdo Fraser (Tory) will certainly go for the jugular. Should be interesting.

4 minutes ago, Harold said:

Well there are 9 committee members....4 SNP, 2 Conservatives, I Lib Dem, 1 Independent, 1 Labour. No doubt the SNP members will give her an easy ride, don't know about the Lib Dem or Independent but....Jackie Baillie (Labour) & Murdo Fraser (Tory) will certainly go for the jugular. Should be interesting.

Scottish Conservative leader Douglas Ross said there was "no longer any doubt that Nicola Sturgeon lied to the Scottish Parliament and broke the ministerial code on numerous counts."

He added: "No first minister can be allowed to mislead the Scottish people and continue in office, especially when they have tried to cover up the truth and abused the power of their office in the process.

"The weight of the evidence is overwhelming. Nicola Sturgeon must resign."

The party, which had earlier published a dossier claiming Ms Sturgeon has breached the ministerial code up to 38 times, said it would be submitting a motion of no confidence in the first minister to the Scottish Parliament.

Basically.............it wisni me gov. I know nuthin'.

Noticed she had a look of anger at some questions from Jackie Baillie. Two questions by Murdo Fraser at the end of the session....Sturgeon rambled on without substance but failed to answer the simple questions....a yes or no would have sufficed.