NHS Pay Rise of 1%

boro_boy

• Administrator

They are lucky they have a job. The government has no money 1% pay rise is better than nothing. The unions are being cunts again and giving the government shit.

You don't hear supermarket workers threatening to go on strike over their pay. All other public sector workers have had a pay freeze.

People chose to work in the NHS. Choose your branch take your chance. 

I think they shouldn't even get a pay rise. They've had a few decent pay rise recently. They are taking the piss, well the unions are.

1 hour ago, boro_boy said:

They are lucky they have a job. The government has no money 1% pay rise is better than nothing. The unions are being cunts again and giving the government shit.

You don't hear supermarket workers threatening to go on strike over their pay. All other public sector workers have had a pay freeze.

I think they shouldn't even get a pay rise. They've had a few decent pay rise recently. They are taking the piss, well the unions are.

I don't think you will get many in agreement with you on this. 

Boris needs to find the money! 

2 hours ago, boro_boy said:

Unions are necessary.

They keep a level playing field. Otherwise management would do whatever they liked. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

No shocker there.

My opinion is you are in the minority, but probably not on this forum. 

You may well be correct,  that won't change either of our opinions though.

So its an irrelevant point, along with speculative....

1 minute ago, Mr Magnificent said:

How can saying your viewpoint on a comment be irrelevant? 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Whether or not I'm in the minority is irrelevant.

Perhaps if you put an opinion forward regards BBs points, that might be a starting point,  as speculation about minority view is irrelevant. 

12 minutes ago, Bastion said:

Whether or not I'm in the minority is irrelevant.

Perhaps if you put an opinion forward regards BBs points, that might be a starting point,  as speculation about minority view is irrelevant. 

It is a contentious topic. It pushes a lot of folks buttons. However, not mine as nothing does. 

It is perfectly fair game for me to say his and your viewpoint are in the minority. 

I think it is fair to say that no nurse or doctor ever expected to lay their life on the life day in, day out for nearly a year. No one tells you that part.

NHS staff are well trained in emergency situations. Nothing prepares them for a deadly pandemic with no cure. Which it was at the time. So, saying they knew what they were getting into is a shallow viewpoint. 

Edited by Mr Magnificent

1 minute ago, Mr Magnificent said:

It is a contentious topic. It pushes a lot of folks buttons. However, not mine as nothing does. 

It is perfectly fair game for me to day his and your viewpoint are in the minority. 

I think it is fair to say that no nurse or doctor ever expected to lay their life on the life day in, day out for nearly a year. No one tells you that part.

NHS staff are well trained in emergency situations. Nothing prepares them for a deadly pandemic with no cure. Which it was at the time. So, saying they knew what they were getting into is a shallow viewpoint. 

Everyone else just gets on with it......

Just now, Bastion said:

Everyone else just gets on with it......

And so are they. I haven't heard anything about them not "getting on with it"

Every healthcare professional I know is still working. Obviously the ones that are dead can't.

I imagine the death rate in healthcare workers is much higher than any other job. Young families deprived of parents, grandparents. No one signed up for that to my knowledge. 

31 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

And so are they. I haven't heard anything about them not "getting on with it"

Every healthcare professional I know is still working. Obviously the ones that are dead can't.

I imagine the death rate in healthcare workers is much higher than any other job. Young families deprived of parents, grandparents. No one signed up for that to my knowledge. 

You can imagine whatever you like....

Facts are better.