Whats the usual Punishment for speeding twice the limit?

boro_boy

• Administrator

A lad on my ship was doing 138mph and got a 3 months ban and a fine, ZERO points.

On the Police interceptors, which I've not watched but I've been told about, a lad was caught doing 150mph and he also got 3 month ban and fine!! Where is the  deterrent, your get a harsher punishment if you go a few miles over the limit on a 30, 40 or 50. I'd say a fine and 3 points will cost you a lot more on insurance.

I thought doing those types of speeds was an instant 12 month ban and possible prison!

Just now, boro_boy said:

A lad on my ship was doing 138mph and got a 3 months ban and a fine, ZERO points.

On the Police interceptors, which I've not watched but I've been told about, a lad was caught doing 150mph and he also got 3 month ban and fine!! Where is the  deterrent, your get a harsher punishment if you go a few miles over the limit on a 30, 40 or 50. I'd say a fine and 3 points will cost you a lot more on insurance.

I thought doing those types of speeds was an instant 12 month ban and possible prison!

I always thought, if you're caught doing over 100, you automatically lose your licence 

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, Bastion said:

I always thought, if you're caught doing over 100, you automatically lose your licence 

That's what I thought. 

Apparently the 10% +2 mph is bullshit too. 

3 hours ago, boro_boy said:

fucking hell mate thats either a very fast car or a fucking big ship. 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

fucking hell mate thats either a very fast car or a fucking big ship. 

hahahaha yeah I probably didn't say that properly!! My England is bad :lol:

Try this:

A lad who was serving o my ship was caught driving his car on the A1 in north Yorkshire doing 138 mph! 👍