The Jab

Bastion

13 minutes ago, sployal said:

What's the Jab? Has it something to do with the Covid 19 farce?

I have still to meet someone affected by it and believe me i get about!!!!

I know or did do people who have died from it.

I had Astra Zenica but had no preference and nor do I now.

What jab did Norm get? :beer

• Administrator
46 minutes ago, Bastion said:

Anyone mind which they get?.... assuming they go for it....

I got Astra Zenica ( spelling?).... not through choice, its what they had.

I don't give a fuck, I should be getting it soon being at the tender age of 40 🙂 

29 minutes ago, sployal said:

I have met two people who have had it, but not serious, one lost his smell and taste, the other was a lloyds register bloke who was inspecting my ship, he too had loss of taste and smell. No one in my family has had it, well no one has tested positive for it. 

2 minutes ago, Makdee said:

Three of my kids have had it. I know of four who died one being a very close friend. I also know a 36 year old who is still suffering after almost a year with lung and heart problems from it 

It does seem to fuck you up if you get it bad. But driving round Edinburgh today even though all non essential shops are shut, the sun was out and loads and loads of people where out enjoying the sunny weather. It felt a little normal for a change! This has been a long and cold winter!

37 minutes ago, sployal said:

I actually know folk affected, bad enough for staying in hospital, but not ICU

The one thing that does worry me in life is breathing difficulties. 

2 minutes ago, Makdee said:

Three of my kids have had it. I know of four who died one being a very close friend. I also know a 36 year old who is still suffering after almost a year with lung and heart problems from it 

I understand and sympathise with those suffering from this strange virus, what are the actuel symptoms? and how do we know if and when we have been infected?

Where i live everyone goes about their daily business and no one seems affected or even talks about it, we are forced to wear masks in shops, public transport and shit like that but most folks have the mask round about their neck, most folks i know and talk to think it's a load of bullshit and just want to get on with their life ie taking holiday's, travelling, meeting folks etc just like normal life. 

2 minutes ago, sployal said:

I understand and sympathise with those suffering from this strange virus, what are the actuel symptoms? and how do we know if and when we have been infected?

Where i live everyone goes about their daily business and no one seems affected or even talks about it, we are forced to wear masks in shops, public transport and shit like that but most folks have the mask round about their neck, most folks i know and talk to think it's a load of bullshit and just want to get on with their life ie taking holiday's, travelling, meeting folks etc just like normal life. 

Well we seem to talk to polar opposites mate Most people I know wear a mask in fact it’s law here. People want to get them n with their life’s but know that’s not going to happen yet. I take it seriously as do many many people I haven’t held my youngest grandchild yet. As for symptoms lost if taste loss of smell constant metallic taste feeling as though you have the flu etc. People say oh they had underlying conditions but there’s loads of people have them and don’t know they have them. I have congenital heart disease I didn’t know till I had a heart attack when I was 50. I understand people who like yourself who don’t know anyone being doubtful but it’s real the nurses and doctors in my extended family have seen it enough. Stay safe mate 

21 minutes ago, Bastion said:

I have asthma brought on by working in a rubber factory here it made rubber parts for cars. It’s horrible it’s got a lot better since I stopped the cigs but it still gets me every now and then especially in damp weather 

1 minute ago, Makdee said:

Well we seem to talk to polar opposites mate Most people I know wear a mask in fact it’s law here. People want to get them n with their life’s but know that’s not going to happen yet. I take it seriously as do many many people I haven’t held my youngest grandchild yet. As for symptoms lost if taste loss of smell constant metallic taste feeling as though you have the flu etc. People say oh they had underlying conditions but there’s loads of people have them and don’t know they have them. I have congenital heart disease I didn’t know till I had a heart attack when I was 50. I understand people who like yourself who don’t know anyone being doubtful but it’s real the nurses and doctors in my extended family have seen it enough. Stay safe mate 

Agreed mate. My Grandson lost a Great Grandfather to it. Apparently, he really doted on him. Lives have been torn apart by it. 

23 minutes ago, Makdee said:

I have asthma brought on by working in a rubber factory here it made rubber parts for cars. It’s horrible it’s got a lot better since I stopped the cigs but it still gets me every now and then especially in damp weather 

Silica will always be a worry for me, just working over the years were you were always warned about asbestos,  yet the bigger story was in the dust around us.. 

18 minutes ago, Bastion said:

Silica will always be a worry for me, just working over the years were you were always warned about asbestos,  yet the bigger story was in the dust around us.. 

Yeah I remember my brother in law talking about it a good few years ago 

1 hour ago, Bastion said:

so being choked to death is not your first choice as COD. 🤣

i will not be having the jab tbh. i had the rona at the start and i trust natures way of protecting me from now on. a vaccine is nothing more than boosting antibodies to fight the virus so mine are ready for the next exposer. the pfizer jab by the way is not a vaccine at all its a experimental gene therapy that has never been tested on humans before so i would go with the oxford vaccine if i were you guys because at least the science behind it has been used for years. 

2 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

i will not be having the jab tbh. i had the rona at the start and i trust natures way of protecting me from now on. a vaccine is nothing more than boosting antibodies to fight the virus so mine are ready for the next exposer. the pfizer jab by the way is not a vaccine at all its a experimental gene therapy that has never been tested on humans before so i would go with the oxford vaccine if i were you guys because at least the science behind it has been used for years. 

Once half the population is vaccinated then herd immunity will come into play. 

8 hours ago, UNIQUE said:

i think you need 70% for herd immunity to work mate. 

Don't forget though mate they are saying roughly 10% of population have had Covid in this country. They will have immunity too. 

I read that the experts feel 50 to 80 % of us need immunity before the herd factor starts kicking in. 

I had the Pfizer jab 5 weeks past.....had a sore are arm where I got it for a couple of days but not severe....was okay apart from that. When I get notification for my second I shall be phoning up to ensure it will be Pfizer again because I am not mixing them, The chap next door got Oxford Astra Zenica last Sunday....had to come home from work Monday morning and had to take Tuesday off....he was feeling hellish....pounding head, feverish.