Rangers players and Management

• Super Moderator

Ranger so players and management are boycotting social media for a week

RANGERS can confirm that as of 7pm this evening (8th April), our players and management will take part in a week-long boycott of all social media channels.

This is to underline the ongoing concerns over a lack of accountability and responsibility from social media outlets.

In particular, we are concerned with the daily racist abuse our players have to endure, and believe that although social media can be a very positive and healthy platform for communication, there is undoubted concern the levels of hate are now spiralling out of control.

Rangers Managing Director, Stewart Robertson commented: “We can confirm that as a board and as a club, we are fully behind our players and management on this issue.

“Furthermore, we have arranged to meet Facebook and Instagram to underline our growing concerns.

“Having spoken to a wide range of clubs across the United Kingdom, we know these concerns are shared by all clubs and it is fair to say everyone is losing patience with the lack of action from social media companies.

“Rangers hope is that clear and direct action is taken from social media platforms. The basic verification of users, as part of the sign-up process, to any social media platform, will ensure that users are both identifiable and accountable for their actions and words. We will raise this next week in our scheduled meetings. 

“Rangers has driven its flagship Everyone Anyone campaign forward rigorously, drawing praise and support from fellow clubs, governing bodies and politicians, and we will continue to stand firmly against all forms of discrimination. Enough is enough.

“We would hope that social media companies recognise the benefit of verified accounts. If they don’t, it is time for government to step in and legislate. As a club, we will continue to consider all options which increase pressure on social media platforms until they begin working proactively in the interests of wider society.

“The Rangers players and management will begin their boycott from today (8th April) at 7pm for one week.”

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I believe Swansea are doing the same in The Championship too. 

I heard on radio while driving back from fishing that Swansea were doing it. Not sure of the dates though. 

Count Birmingham in too...  

Posted Images

• Super Moderator
9 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

I believe Swansea are doing the same in The Championship too. 

I know Rangers have been in talks with a few clubs in the UK 

Bullshit, who actualy gives a shit about 'social media':beer

As for all the 'Black' players getting insulted by whispering racists, get tae fuck and grow a pair.

Part and parcel of the game, nigger, monkey, poof, wanker, arsehole, pussy, never done any harm you give it and take it, same as a tackle.

Funny it mostly always seems to be players on losing sides who claim to have been 'racialy abused'

• Super Moderator
4 minutes ago, sployal said:

As for all the 'Black' players getting insulted by whispering racists, get tae fuck and grow a pair.

Part and parcel of the game, nigger, monkey, poof, wanker, arsehole, pussy, never done any harm you give it and take it, same as a tackle.

Funny it mostly always seems to be players on losing sides who claim to have been 'racialy abused'

Times have changed and it’s no longer a part of the game we thank fuck it is leaving the dinosaurs behind. This is growing it’s not going away. Oh and social Media is a multi billion pound industry so many people care about it 

13 minutes ago, sployal said:

I think you may have trouble selling that viewpoint mate.

I am sure @UNIQUE will be on board though. 😂😂😂😂

2 minutes ago, Makdee said:

Times have changed and it’s no longer a part of the game we thank fuck it is leaving the dinosaurs behind. This is growing it’s not going away 

Killing the honest man's game so it is, fuck the benders and racial warriors.

• Super Moderator
29 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

I don’t have to sell anything Mags and honestly I am supposed to care what Unique thinks no harm but nah.  

1 minute ago, Makdee said:

I don’t have to sell anything SP and honestly I am supposed to care what Unique thinks no harm but nah.  

Mak, you are quoting Mags, please don't get me mixed up with his rantings:beer

16 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

• Super Moderator
5 minutes ago, sployal said:

Mak, you are quoting Mags, please don't get me mixed up with his rantings:beer

Sorry mate 

• Super Moderator
13 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

players should just quit twitter /facebook instead of moaning about something that cant be stopped. its like standing out in the rain and moaning about getting wet. you cant stop the rain from falling but you can avoid it. 

Yeah just sweep it under the carpet that won’t happen anymore. I mean how difficult is it not to make racist or other comments. Also why should they. Maybe if the laws made social media companies more liable 

6 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

players should just quit twitter /facebook instead of moaning about something that cant be stopped. its like standing out in the rain and moaning about getting wet. you cant stop the rain from falling but you can avoid it. 

Exactly, it's like when you are on the bad side of town or street, you take a quick shift then say to yourself 'fuck this, i'm out of here' then you cross over to where you feel safer.

To go back to the Rangers announcement, It actually embarrasses me that Rangers are going down this road after losing a football game, fucking pathetic in my view.

• Super Moderator
3 minutes ago, sployal said:

Exactly, it's like when you are on the bad side of town or street, you take a quick shift then say to yourself 'fuck this, i'm out of here' then you cross over to where you feel safer.

To go back to the Rangers announcement, It actually embarrasses me that Rangers are going down this road after losing a football game, fucking pathetic in my view.

It embarrasses you lol. The club is making a stand for its players many who you cheered in when winning 

7 minutes ago, Makdee said:

It embarrasses you lol. The club is making a stand for its players many who you cheered in when winning 

I will always cheer our club and players Mak win or lose, the thing i don't understand is this latest phenomenon where seemingly only non-White players are being insulted racially or otherwise, be this in sports or general life.

Most Blacks hate the 'White man, the Honky' it's a known fact that they are more racist than Whites.

2 hours ago, Makdee said:

Yeah just sweep it under the carpet that won’t happen anymore. I mean how difficult is it not to make racist or other comments. Also why should they. Maybe if the laws made social media companies more liable 

the only way you can stop racist coments on SM is to close it down. someone joins up and makes a racist comment all twitter can do is ban the user and deleat the post im not sure what more they can do. plus that person can just join up again and do the same things again. 

• Super Moderator
2 hours ago, sployal said:

I will always cheer our club and players Mak win or lose, the thing i don't understand is this latest phenomenon where seemingly only non-White players are being insulted racially or otherwise, be this in sports or general life.

Most Blacks hate the 'White man, the Honky' it's a known fact that they are more racist than Whites.

It’s not only about black players but it is a fact that the black players at clubs all over are getting the vast majority of the abuse go not Roofes insta or any other players and tell me this should be happening   As for your last paragraph that is pathetic. Also calling it insulted instead of what it is doesn’t change it 

4 minutes ago, Makdee said:

It’s not only about black players but it is a fact that the black players at clubs all over are getting the vast majority of the abuse go not Roofes insta or any other players and tell me this should be happening   As for your last paragraph that is pathetic. Also calling it insulted instead of what it is doesn’t change it 

Honestly Mak sometimes i just can't grasp your meaning or the way way you try to get over your point of view. No offense meant mate but please read back your posts before clicking the submit reply button.

3 hours ago, UNIQUE said:

To be honest mate I don't look very often at footballers on social media but I'm pretty certain they will obligated now due to their sponsorship deals. 

The radio were reporting Ronaldo is earning into the tens of millions a year from social media. 

• Super Moderator
5 minutes ago, sployal said:

Honestly Mak sometimes i just can't grasp your meaning or the way way you try to get over your point of view. No offense meant mate but please read back your posts before clicking the submit reply button.

Perfectly happy with what I have posted if you can’t understand it that’s your problem SP. sorry I noticed I said go Not when it should have been go on