Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hopefully, think it’s done to death at this stage. 

Bobby Ewing emerging from the shower after being killed off two seasons back was a classic example. 

That's a more graphical picture than I am willing to part with.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, DOC said:

Hopefully, think it’s done to death at this stage. 

The issue I see, is they're trying to marry all the series's together,  they should have simply just kept each series on separate story lines....

Now, if they reveal H, the stories over, they have restricted the plots.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bastion said:

The issue I see, is they're trying to marry all the series's together,  they should have simply just kept each series on separate story lines....

Now, if they reveal H, the stories over, they have restricted the plots.

Yes , agreed , but they “jumped the shark “ a few times in this season, the scriptwriters are far too fond of using acronyms and abbreviations in the dialogue. I never heard of a chis for instance, why can’t they just say informer.  Did anyone else use the sub titles to understand what was going on ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, DOC said:

Yes , agreed , but they “jumped the shark “ a few times in this season, the scriptwriters are far too fond of using acronyms and abbreviations in the dialogue. I never heard of a chis for instance, why can’t they just say informer.  Did anyone else use the sub titles to understand what was going on ? 

Watching old TV the term 'grass' is used.... Is this outdated, watched the Bill a few times and surely these terms are cultural than being politically correct that an anacronym can appease.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DOC said:

Yes , agreed , but they “jumped the shark “ a few times in this season, the scriptwriters are far too fond of using acronyms and abbreviations in the dialogue. I never heard of a chis for instance, why can’t they just say informer.  Did anyone else use the sub titles to understand what was going on ? 

No, but that's a fair point, 

A few shows jumped the shark over the years, Lost, Walking Dead, Game of Thrones etc (along with Happy Days 🤣).... the 3 of those shows where fantastic in the beginning,  but they lost their way.... unfortunately Line of Duty is following suit...

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, cazcat said:

Watching old TV the term 'grass' is used.... Is this outdated, watched the Bill a few times and surely these terms are cultural than being politically correct that an anacronym can appease.

Yes , along with  , tout , rat , canary , squealer , nonce, and now , ICHIS , which apparently means “chief human intelligence source “. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bastion said:

When the Fonz jumped over a shark while water-skiing,  folk got fed up with the show, ratings dropped etc, it's a saying that suggests they should have called it a day beforehand....

Bobby Ewing emerging from the shower after being killed off two seasons back was a classic example. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
20 minutes ago, DOC said:

Yes , along with  , tout , rat , canary , squealer , nonce, and now , ICHIS , which apparently means “chief human intelligence source “. 

the wife saw something on the news about a woman, an avid fan of the show, who actually had a notepad and wrote down these acronyms with the meaning so that when she heard them during the show she could refer to her notepad to get the meanings. Way to go.....lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Harold said:

the wife saw something on the news about a woman, an avid fan of the show, who actually had a notepad and wrote down these acronyms with the meaning so that when she heard them during the show she could refer to her notepad to get the meanings. Way to go.....lol

I put on the subtitles. Couldn’t follow all the different characters but in fairness I was always a bit slow in that 🤣 The wife used to be able to keep me up to speed but she’s Mutt and Jeff herself now. 🤨

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Statistics

    6,100
    Total Topics
    136,324
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

    605
    Total Members
    3,654
    Most Online
    Mighty Hammers
    Newest Member
    Mighty Hammers
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...