• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hopefully, think it’s done to death at this stage. 

Bobby Ewing emerging from the shower after being killed off two seasons back was a classic example. 

That's a more graphical picture than I am willing to part with.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, DOC said:

Hopefully, think it’s done to death at this stage. 

The issue I see, is they're trying to marry all the series's together,  they should have simply just kept each series on separate story lines....

Now, if they reveal H, the stories over, they have restricted the plots.

8 hours ago, Bastion said:

The issue I see, is they're trying to marry all the series's together,  they should have simply just kept each series on separate story lines....

Now, if they reveal H, the stories over, they have restricted the plots.

Yes , agreed , but they “jumped the shark “ a few times in this season, the scriptwriters are far too fond of using acronyms and abbreviations in the dialogue. I never heard of a chis for instance, why can’t they just say informer.  Did anyone else use the sub titles to understand what was going on ? 

10 minutes ago, DOC said:

Yes , agreed , but they “jumped the shark “ a few times in this season, the scriptwriters are far too fond of using acronyms and abbreviations in the dialogue. I never heard of a chis for instance, why can’t they just say informer.  Did anyone else use the sub titles to understand what was going on ? 

Watching old TV the term 'grass' is used.... Is this outdated, watched the Bill a few times and surely these terms are cultural than being politically correct that an anacronym can appease.

3 hours ago, DOC said:

No, but that's a fair point, 

A few shows jumped the shark over the years, Lost, Walking Dead, Game of Thrones etc (along with Happy Days 🤣).... the 3 of those shows where fantastic in the beginning,  but they lost their way.... unfortunately Line of Duty is following suit...

7 hours ago, cazcat said:

Watching old TV the term 'grass' is used.... Is this outdated, watched the Bill a few times and surely these terms are cultural than being politically correct that an anacronym can appease.

Yes , along with  , tout , rat , canary , squealer , nonce, and now , ICHIS , which apparently means “chief human intelligence source “. 

4 hours ago, Bastion said:

When the Fonz jumped over a shark while water-skiing,  folk got fed up with the show, ratings dropped etc, it's a saying that suggests they should have called it a day beforehand....

Bobby Ewing emerging from the shower after being killed off two seasons back was a classic example. 

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, DOC said:

Yes , along with  , tout , rat , canary , squealer , nonce, and now , ICHIS , which apparently means “chief human intelligence source “. 

the wife saw something on the news about a woman, an avid fan of the show, who actually had a notepad and wrote down these acronyms with the meaning so that when she heard them during the show she could refer to her notepad to get the meanings. Way to go.....lol

24 minutes ago, Harold said:

the wife saw something on the news about a woman, an avid fan of the show, who actually had a notepad and wrote down these acronyms with the meaning so that when she heard them during the show she could refer to her notepad to get the meanings. Way to go.....lol

I put on the subtitles. Couldn’t follow all the different characters but in fairness I was always a bit slow in that 🤣 The wife used to be able to keep me up to speed but she’s Mutt and Jeff herself now. 🤨