What's acceptable progress for your club next season?

Pretty simple really, what would you consider to acceptable progress for your club next season?

For me personally I think we need to make a proper title challenge next season, we're starting to look more solid as a unit we just need that extra bit of flair to win the tight games and also to take a bit of weight off Bruno's shoulders. 

Previously I would have been all about improving the defence but the last couple of months have made me think we could be blowing teams away more because the defence is now looking more solid. Henderson has to be credited with a lot of the praise for me, whilst he's not really blown people away performance wise, I still believe his communication and willingness to come for the ball has set a bit more calm in our centre backs. 

So I'd buy in the following positions, right wing, striker and midfield. If the rumours what I've heard are true United have a deal in place for Declan Rice that would see a small fee and Jessi Lingard move the other way. Right wing it's all about Sancho for me, reduced fee and a more willing Dortmund to do deal. 

That leaves the striker, if Cavani doesn't commit then we need another striker and they don't come cheap. I have absolutely no idea who we'd go for as I think the Sancho deal could swallow up the budget. 

Maybe we'd have to scrap Sancho use his money on a striker.

Edited by Red Devil
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nope....Liverpool through and through. Raising his stock where he is. We know he'll go eventually but it will be with the bears best wishes. Tbh I'm not sure how long Klop will stay at Anfield....ever

No not a hope he knows what it means to manage Rangers 

back chasing the title and champions lge. we need to replace firmino with a goal scorer or its goodnight. 

13 minutes ago, Harold said:

Retain the Scottish Premiership and at least one domestic cup. Another decent run in Europe would be nice also. Simple but answers the question imo.

Do you see Stevie G possibly having his head turned by Spurs?

• Administrator
21 minutes ago, Red Devil said:

Do you see Stevie G possibly having his head turned by Spurs?

Nope....Liverpool through and through. Raising his stock where he is. We know he'll go eventually but it will be with the bears best wishes. Tbh I'm not sure how long Klop will stay at Anfield....every time I see him on tv he always seems frustrated/disillusioned.

• Administrator
26 minutes ago, sployal said:

1/ Hang on to SG

2/ Retain the league

3/ Win a cup

4/ Reach the CL groups

tbh mate, I wouldn't be too despondent if we didn't get to the CL groups....great if we did but I believe we have a couple of qualifiers ? So it could be Europa League again. No shame in that.

9 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Id be happy with a slight increase in progress, definitely a top half finish but with the possibility of play off position. I'd also like a new keeper as ours is piss poor. 

Your team has lost 17 games, shipping 49 goals, agree for the keeper but the defence is pure shit. Your team should be battling for direct promotion not a play off spot.

• Site Owner
20 minutes ago, sployal said:

Your team has lost 17 games, shipping 49 goals, agree for the keeper but the defence is pure shit. Your team should be battling for direct promotion not a play off spot.

Yeah we are shite! I don't really know who plays for us anymore, i've lost interest in the game since Covid. I just don't enjoy it without the fans, its boring as fuck!

8 minutes ago, Red Devil said:

Boro have been fucked for years now, Gibson was refreshing in the 90's and earl 2000's but it just feels the only back for Boro would be either a cracking it with a fantastic manager or new ownership. 

Yeah he's not doing much at the moment, lack of money but i'm okay with that. Our academy hasn't really brought anyone in recently either! Hard times ahead. But its better to be like this than suddenly be bought out by billionaires!!!

5 hours ago, boro_boy said:

Yeah we are shite! I don't really know who plays for us anymore, i've lost interest in the game since Covid. I just don't enjoy it without the fans, its boring as fuck!

Yeah he's not doing much at the moment, lack of money but i'm okay with that. Our academy hasn't really brought anyone in recently either! Hard times ahead. But its better to be like this than suddenly be bought out by billionaires!!!

Bad news for you on Saturday.... Guess who you're away too?

3 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

i won that prize years ago and i have retained it ever since 😎

Good, wear it well.... Because mags isn't here to reclaim it.

But with our form Boro are proper screwed!

On 26/04/2021 at 10:30, Red Devil said:

Pretty simple really, what would you consider to acceptable progress for your club next season?

For me personally I think we need to make a proper title challenge next season, we're starting to look more solid as a unit we just need that extra bit of flair to win the tight games and also to take a bit of weight off Bruno's shoulders. 

Previously I would have been all about improving the defence but the last couple of months have made me think we could be blowing teams away more because the defence is now looking more solid. Henderson has to be credited with a lot of the praise for me, whilst he's not really blown people away performance wise, I still believe his communication and willingness to come for the ball has set a bit more calm in our centre backs. 

So I'd buy in the following positions, right wing, striker and midfield. If the rumours what I've heard are true United have a deal in place for Declan Rice that would see a small fee and Jessi Lingard move the other way. Right wing it's all about Sancho for me, reduced fee and a more willing Dortmund to do deal. 

That leaves the striker, if Cavani doesn't commit then we need another striker and they don't come cheap. I have absolutely no idea who we'd go for as I think the Sancho deal could swallow up the budget. 

Maybe we'd have to scrap Sancho use his money on a striker.

I suppose getting rid of the Glaziers would be an added bonus as then I can see man Utd being a great side again, the fit and proper rule isn't working and we can't afford to see our great clubs being used as cash sypthons to overseas owners who have no understanding of the cultural implications of the game here.